【❷】interlude

+interlude part 2: continuation. quite long again. i hope you don't kill me

"how are you, haine?" his voice rang, it felt so foreign against her ears and yet she couldn't hide the fact the she missed the way her name rolled off of his tongue

it had been about four years ever since she had news about the man seating beside her.

they sat on a bench side to side as they carefully watched the twins have fun on the merry-go-round, just across of them.

haine felt weird, for the first time in four years, she felt alive again. the woman felt as if the sun shone brighter, the birds chirped quite merrily and the children laughing was a beautiful melody she could never grow tired off.

"long time no see" the boy spoke once more as he shifted in his seat, gaze lingering on the woman beside him. ever since they first met, haine kept silent all along, he had wanted to hear her voice so much. he had wanted to hear her voice, he missed her more than anyone could've even imagined.

jeongguk stayed with them throughout the day ever since, the twins were quite fond of him as he was also a teacher in their school – their favorite mapeh teacher to be exact.

i wish you would speak, i missed you love.

his eyes were fixated on haine and he was sure caught defenseless of her appearance. in the span of four years, in jeongguk's eyes haine grew even more breathtaking.

the man observed the way she looked matured, her hair was a glorious locks of red velvet, her cheekbones became well defined, her eyes – even if they looked swollen, it was still beautiful and most of all, her lips, he wanted to kiss it to death.

haine looked so independent and fragile at the same time, he wanted to protect her, embrace her together with the twins.

but he knew he couldn't.

"y–you look well" the boy muttered, his voice staggering, trying to compose himself from letting unnecessary emotions slip. the words that escaped on jeongguk's lips seemed to ring a bell in haine's ears and their eyes met, when she finally looked at him.

i'm not okay, jeongguk.

He whispered inside his mind.

you're so breathtaking, haine.

jeongguk felt his breath caught up inside his throat, his heart was thumping so fast, as if he was in a run.

you look so beautiful, haine.

he looked so mesmerized by the woman infront of her.

i want you, haine.

"y—you look fine, too" haine squeaked, her voice seemingly small as she couldn't tore her gaze away from the man.