o3:o1

*play the song baeb*

warm, soft and soothing. i felt myself being carried by something big as if it was letting me hug it's big frame. my nose was enveloped by a scent that was a mix of a masculine cologne and a bit of a powder-i like the smell, not too strong and just right.

"i was never alive
til the day I was
blessed with you"

my ears were tickled as it heard a hymn, the voice was a bit deep, quite odd but still pleasant to the ears. i feel like a was being lulled to sleep, it was so peaceful.

"when I hold you
late at night, i know
what I was put here
to do. i turn off the
world and listen
to you sigh"

my heart feels like it was being healed, why do i feel like someone was really singing?

"And I will sing my
Angel's Lullaby"

the song is just like--telling me that there's always someone guiding and protecting me. jeongguk, i-i miss you.

"no matter what happens, i'll always be here to protect you in how-ever way i can"

do you still remember the words you said? do you remember the promise you made? how about the things we did? did it even matter to you?

every time and everything i did together with you means so much and it's probably one of the most treasured ones, i thought you would never leave me? i miss you so much and it's only almost two days. maybe, this was time to wake up.

my eyes fluttered to open and as i thought, i fell asleep rather than just taking a nap. i've lost a couple of lectures and i don't even have any close friend other than jeongguk. great, what luck i really have.

my eyes trailed up front and it felt odd that i would occasionally feel bumps and movement and my head was resting on something in between hard and soft, as my arms were resting on this big thing. what's happening? am i sleep walking? my eyes started to drift into sleep when i suddenly heard someone talk.

"you awake,
sleeping beauty?"

shit! shit! shit! my eyes snapped open as i realized that i was on someone's back.

"i-"

"you must be
so tired haine"

deep voice and striking red her, this voice and hair color.

"taehyung?"

"i found you sleeping
at the rooftop, alone.
i was on my rounds
and i decided to check
if there was any
thickheaded students
who woul-"

"alone? i was alone?"

"um, yeah. why?"

he didn't come. he was still mad at me and it was enough to make me feel so down--it was all nothing but just a dream.

"i-what time did you find me?"

"o5:oo pm"

yeah, he didn't really come. eunha was right.

"haine?"

"y-yeah?"

"we're already near
your house, do yo-"

"wait, how did you know where i live?"

taehyung stopped walking and he put me down slowly, before our eyes met when his body faced mine.

"you don't really
remember me?"

"i-i think i really haven't met you before"

"really? can you
take a closer look?"

"-i-i don't really remember, sorry. you must be mistaken. this is the first time we became friends"

"then, let me leave
you this phrase and
keywords. the keywords
are blonde and blood,
phrase? i fucking
hate you fake bitch."

"blonde, blood an-"

"think about it
and you'll remember"

"-i"

"now, here's your
bag and stop crying,
it doesn't suit that
beautiful face"

taehyung handed me my bag but as i lifted my arms to get it in his grasp, i noticed that i was wearing something. my hands skimmed on the object and i found out that my body was draped with a denim jacket.

this piece of cloth wasn't even mine

"haine, why
aren't y-"

"taehyung, is this jacket yours?"

"uh, no. i have a
denim jacket but
not in that style.
why? i thought
that was yours,
you were wearing
that right when i
came on the rooftop"

"i-then"

"who's that
then?"

my hands trailed on the jacket's pocket, as if tryig to find any clue of who's the owner of the clothing and my hand was able to touch a thin, smooth that almost felt like an envelope.

❝─to haine❞

at the sight of that handwriting and the oh-so familiar paper, right there and then i knew that what happened earlier wasn't a dream instead the reality.