1o:5o

moon on the sky, stars glittering on the dark, lying together with the boy on his bed – his arms were tangled on my small body as i lulled his worried heart into sleep while weaving my hand on his hair soothingly

moon on the sky, stars glittering on the dark, lying together with the boy on his bed – his arms were tangled on my small body as i lulled his worried heart into sleep while weaving my hand on his hair soothingly. eyes closed and breathing now stable, it's been only a couple of minutes ever since jeongguk finally fell asleep.

after what seemed like a mystery that happened in the school, the boy was all gloomy and down. he wouldn't want me away from his sight and was even more protective compared to the other days. i still don't know what happened why his hands were covered with blood and cheeks covered with bruises—he won't tell me.

whenever i would ask, only his eyes and lips would respond to me. jeonnguk's hazel eyes would suddenly get teary as his lips would open and close as if he wanted to say something to me, only to leave his words unspoken.

"no"

snapping me out of my thoughts, the boy's words sounded like a plea. alarmed, i thought that he was awoken but to my relief he was only speaking in his sleep.

"no"

eyebrow's creasing and body shivering against me, i heard the broken plea escape in his lips once more.

why? what's happening in your dream?

"h—haine"

murmuring my name, a single tear slipped in his eyes. why, why love. what is bothering you?

hand reaching out to caress his cheek, i tried so hard to lull him back again to sleep but the moment my skin touched his cheek – his eyes shot wide open.

"jeongguk?"

eyes meeting, shock painted his eyes before it returned to his usual warm ones.

"love?"

"haine"

"love, is there anything bothering you?"

"i—was just thinking about something"

"you can tell me anything"

pecking his lips.

"i'm fine, just a little tired"

"i—i love you jeongguk and just . . . i just want you to know that you can tell me your worries"

i saw his lips puckering into thin line before his eyes widens and got watery, i was almost about to ask him what was wrong once again but he pulled me into his embrace, nuzzling closer to me.

"me too, i love you. i love you so so much haine. you are my whole world"

as much as i wanted to ask him what was wrong and i wanted to hear how much weight he has been keeping inside his heart it felt like he was so afraid to let me know or maybe his heart was only clouded with the thought of losing me.

"you mean so much to me, haine"

i just wanted you to rely on me more.

but, why did you had to keep everything on yourself?