【❶】interlude

+a lot of time skips again and quite long. i'm sorry if it took so long.

face twitching, the rays of light tickled her skin as her eyes flutter to open, she felt a weird sensation on her face, it felt like someone was writing on it

face twitching, the rays of light tickled her skin as her eyes flutter to open, she felt a weird sensation on her face, it felt like someone was writing on it. the woman heard soft giggles erupt and right there and then, she knew - the twins were at it, again.

"a whisker would look good on mama, jungie" haine heard her little girl suggest as she whispered on her twin brother.

a controlled giggle escaped their lips, "wait, i'm on it ji" the boy whispered back before making a shushing sound. Oh these twins grew up into a mischievous pair just in the span of four years.

Haine stifled a laugh, maintaining her composed self as she pretended to be asleep, she knew that she should be annoyed but how could she ever be mad on these two angels?

Haine felt a cold piece of object touch her face, she wondered what the twins used - was it her makeup or a permanent marker? Haine wished that it was the first one or else she would look really miserable.

Oh these two are really in trouble.

"wo-" a stifled squeal erupted on the little girl as soon as haine felt the cold material leave her skin, "hush ji! We're still not supposed to wake mama!" the boy whisper-yelled and haine felt little movements on the bed.

"but twinny! Mommy looks like a cat!" the little girl whined

A shriek came out of the boy, "no! mommy is supposed to look like a bunny!"

"but mommy looks like a cat in your drawing"

Why must I look like a bunny?

"I, mama was supposed to look like our mama bunny as we're her twin bunnies" the little boy's voice were soft but he was in a conflict.

"th-then hurry, let's erase the-"

Playtime's over, you little naughty children.

"erase what?" haine muttered before her eyes opened and this action surprised the two. "mama!"

Once haine's eyes opened, she saw the two kids sitting on either side of her body and they were clearly not amused. "mama! Oh dear holy unicorns-"

Haine sat up on the bed and the two little kids felt really small. "it's mommy's payback time!" haine cheered before tackling the two on the bed and attacking them with tickles.

"mama! Wait- haha, wait!" "no! i-it tickles!" the two simultaneously said.

"you two little devils, you two were oh so naughty!"

"kyaah! Mama!"

"no! haejung is sorry, stop. Stop! Hahaha mama, mama!"

Haine find herself laughing at the sight of the two kids who writhe against her attacks, they were so adorable squealing and giggling their hearts out. It was still early in the morning and they were able to make her day. Haine's hands withdrew as she had enough when she saw the two helplessly chased for their breath.