Chapter 37- Broken

Visiting down to the quarters of Doctor Ziegler. Y/N had to manage a time for herself to meet with this Doctor that saved Genji. She wanted to know more about her? How she rebuild him? Was she there when she found him? What does Genji think of her now? Nothing? Y/N had her mind focus on one thing.

And the meeting wasn't going to become peaceful.

Y/N moved through the dark hallways that were lighted with dim light after everyone had gone to sleep. Y/N had other plans to deal with the Doctor. If she even is a Doctor. Careful with her steps, she was as quiet as a mouse. No footsteps could be heard from her walking down the marble floor. She expected a doctor to be up late at night at this hour. Opening the door to her office, she peeked before proceeding forward. Hearing static sounds of something being wielded into metal. How odd.

From the side from Ziegler's office, there was a room that blocked the sounds to the outside. Once you get closer, you could hear clearly to what is going behind that door. Without her knowledge, the door slide open upward. Revealing herself in front of Ziegler who was doing some work with prosthetics. The woman looked to be a scientist to what she is wearing. A white lab coat, earmuffs to protect her ears from the loud sounds, and a mask to protect her eyes from the light. Watching her pull the mask over her, she smiled.

"Oh, it's you."

Y/N made her way inside, moving herself to sit in the seat across from her work. Her hands folded in front of her in a calm manner beneath her breasts.

"Surprised?"

"No, I don't know why you are up this late at this hour?"

"Couldn't sleep. Tell me, do you ever sleep?"

"When I can, I need to continue on this research."

"What research?"

"It's. . . Classified."

"Oh? I don't think so.."

"Why do you think so?"

"Because your body language tells me that it is something personal."

"I see. ."

An awkward silence came. A small smirk appeared on Y/N's face as she looked at Ziegler closely. Reading her like a book if wanted to.

"Y/N, could you tell me something?",asked Ziegler.

"Go on."

"How did you heal Reyes's arm? I scanned his arm for any damages, it was like his arm was never broken."

"There is more than my abilities can require."

"Can you see someone's future?"

"No. my abilities are of self defense and healing; nothing more."

"I see.."

"Ziegler, what are you?"

"A Doctor."

"No. . . ",Y/N placed her elbows on the lab table and leaned forward,"What are you?"

"I don't see what you-"

"A scientist? A Doctor? What got you to become a doctor?"

"I. . . At a young age, my family were killed during the omnic  crisis. It lead me wanting to save people. My work inspired Overwatch, although I am highly against war, but they had what I didn't. He equipment in order for me to save people."

"Even from the dead?"

"I don't know what you're going with this."

Y/N stood up from her chair and glared at Ziegler, walking around the table toward Ziegler. Ziegler felt uneasy to what she wanted from her. Uneasy that she couldn't predict what is about to happen. So her left hand reached under the desk and hovered the grip of her gun given by Morrison.

"You know, you shouldn't be playing with death. One day, your ability to bring someone to life will not end well for you."

"Are you doubting my abilities?"

"Hm. . . Don't play with fire."

Y/N was already close to Ziegler. Keeping her hands in front of her in a calm manner. Looking her deep in the eyes before looking away for a brief moment.

"Your first attempt to save Genji's life was a success; but his mind will never be accepting in his new form. Not after everything that happened. Why bring me here? Who knew where to find me? How did you know when to save Genji?."

Before Ziegler could speak, Y/N chuckled,"Right, classified. No need to tell me. My way of trusting you is not existent. Careful on who you choose to live."

Giving Ziegler her personal space back, she turned her back on her and made her way to the door. Before leaving, she stopped, making Ziegler really unnerving with her presence.

"Thanks for not shooting me."

Ziegler moved her hand away from under the desk quickly and awkwardly stand there. Watching her leave as she did. When the door closed, Ziegler sighed in relief and looked at her project. The incident with Y/N ran through her head made her stop. Calling it a night.

"Y/N, this is your dorm. Genji will be right next to you.",said Ana.

Y/N looked around, the room seemed simple. Not to big, and not to small. It had everything one would need if someone was going to live here.

"I see."

"Reyes will come by and give you and Genji your uniforms. What size are you?"

"Why Reyes?"

"Commander Morrison has assigned you and Genji under Reyes responsibility in Blackwatch. He will give you normal uniforms then the one you must wear under Reyes' team."

"Fair enough."

"What size?"

"Y/S"

"Okay."

Leaving Y/N alone in her own room, she decided to look out the window where she saw people walking by. Mostly the normals who are soldiers. Getting a glimpse at Mccree who was taking to some men downstairs. His body language seems in confidence. Happy and laughing. He's so young.

"I wonder what brought him here."