Chapter 66- Labor

Weeks before Y/N was due, Jack agreed to accompany Y/N to Hanamura, Japan in the Shimada Castle before the birthing of Y/N and Hanzo's child. The tradition for hundreds of years was that every child must be born naturally where they truly belong. For Y/N's case does not exist anymore for years. Just of bunch of Ruins in China and Japan. Transporting Jack had no problem as he stayed in the hospital bed on the way there. Gabriel stayed at his side all through the flight. Luckily, Y/N didn't receive contractions until the arrival in Hanamura.

Hours since the arrival and Y/N is in labor. Laying in a futon next to Jack whom still laid in his bed ever since his arrival. Angela didn't want to misplace anything that would cause him harm. Everything went smoothly and perfect for everyone to encourage everyone for the first birth of their teammate's child.

"Y/N, you are okay.",said Hanzo, a hand over her forehead to while the sweat of her. She had been in pain for 16 hours. Y/N may be the strongest woman, but even the strongest pain can get the better of her.

"Yes you can.",said Hanzo after Y/N shook her head no nervously. Her labor breathing only came worse  it was time. Doctor Ziegler is the one taking care of the whole situation. Ana taking in second with Tracer who the two worn thin surgical wear. Of course Hanzo held onto Y/N as her labored breathing became more and more intense. Going through natural labor must be the most painful thing any woman could go through.

"You can do it, kid.", said Jack from beside,"I know you can."

Y/N leashed the most painful scream that even Winston had to cover his highly sensitive ears.

"Push, Y/N. Take deep breaths.",Angela glanced up at her. Hanzo whipping off the sweat from her forehead. The shock in Ana's eyes grew to see what Hanzo cannot.

"I can't!"

"Yes you can, Y/N.",said Ana, being a mother herself, she knows how grim the pain is,"I know it's painful, but you got this."

While Y/N was off screaming bloody murder, Gabriel caressed Jack's cheek while he wasn't close to being bothered by Y/N's screams.

"Jack. ."

"Stop giving me that."

"You are one stubborn old bastard, that is why I love you."

"I love you.",he coughed," too. "

"Are you okay?"

"Sure. ."

"Jack. ."

"I know I know. .", he said,"I have to tell you something."

"Right now  it is not the right time. A baby is being born."

"Dammit Gabe, just listen to me."

". . . Alright. What?"

"I'm sorry for being tough on you. I wish I just could of go back and fix everything, but we all know that ain't going to happen. So I'm going to say this. .",Jack stopped,"I will pass on the title as Commander to you."

Gabriel's face widen in the words that hinted something bad will happen,"Jack I-"

"I know you wanted the title for so long, now you have the chance, now make the good of it."

Gabriel only nodded," Okay."

"ITS A BOY!", Genji yelled in surprise.

"Que bonito.", purred Sombra.

"A boy, huh?",said Jack.

Everyone paused to glance at Jack whom only smiled once. The smile that was rarely shown, and for good reason. Also, a departure.

"This is it. . . This life was worth it. . . My fight ends here. . ."

"Jack?", Gabriel looked at him, he closed his eyes slowly with one last smile, the grip on his hand loosen. The grief in Gabriel only had begun had he accepted it and didn't waste tears. As Gabriel remembered what Jack said. .

Don't waste your time crying, you have work to do.

A life ends, a new one begins.