•SIXTY-TWO•

Gabby's POV

I was laying on the couch, watching Law & Order in a small room of what I'm now supposed to call "home"

I found myself biting my nails again out of habit. I found myself also chewing off the nail polish on my nails.

I let out a sigh and let my head fall back onto the back of the couch.

I counted all of the cracks on the ceiling for about the seventh time already and closed my eyes.

I could feel tears start to sting my eyes and that burning sensation in my nose. Ya know, the one you get when you're about to cry.

I heard heavy footsteps above me and picked up my head while wiping my tears away.

I heard the footsteps come down the stairs to the room I was in and the door opened.

I looked up to see Hayes with a plate of food in his hands. He looked at me for a second and I stared right back at him until he broke the silence.

"I brought you some food." He said while coming towards me with the plate. He held it out and I looked down to see a bowl full of macaroni and cheese. I looked at him and back down at the plate in silence. I let out a small sigh and took the plate out of his hands along with the fork.

"Oh come on baby girl. Put a smile on that beautiful face. You love Mac and cheese." I looked up at him blankly then back down at the plate.

"We made a deal, didn't we?" He brought up our conversation from a few days ago. I nodded my head, still looking down at my Kraft mac and cheese.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that?" "Yes, we did." I muttered.

"Ok then." He petted the top of my head then leaned down and laid a kiss on my forehead.

-

I found myself laying in the dark again. The only light that entered the room came from the small window at the top corner of the wall. The shadow of the betas bars on the window made a shadow of rectangles.

It's pouring down rain and there's water trickling down the wall onto the floor.

I've never wanted a basement to flood and fill up with rain water so I can drown in it as much as I have right now... Or period.

I heard heavy footsteps over the rain come down to my room.

The door opened and I heard Hayes curse to himself.

He pulled the small chain that turned on a light in the middle of the room. I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep and pulled the small sheet over my face.

He walked over to the window and observed it for a few minutes. He saw the source of the leak and went back upstairs.

He came back a few minutes later with a towel and duct tape.

He dropped the towel on the ground where the water was and tore off a peice of tape, then stuck it on the bottom of the window, stopping the leakage.

He walked over to me and picked me up off of the couch.

I let out a small groan and I heard him chuckle.

"Come on baby girl. You're sleeping with me tonight."

I'd rather sleep in this cold, musty, stuffy, moist basement than sleep with him again.

✨✨✨

I meant to publish this like three hours ago wth🤧