╰61st Catch╮

◈ Caught By A Beast ◈

╰61st Catch╮

"LET'S end this, then..." She uttered, locking eyes with hers. Those alluring eyes that once stared at her in the most enchanting way she yearned for. 

Those amethyst eyes that were possessed by the person she begrudgingly loved the most. Yet, this could be her last opportunity to gaze into those captivating, deep-set eyes.

She retained her tears longer than she could ever imagine. And in one brave attempt, she finally uttered the words she never believed she could say, "I'm letting you go."

With eyes wide open, Arq stared at her in astonishment. Her lips parted but no words came out. That's when she decided to turn around and walk away. However, her feet grew heavier with each step forward. She had a feeling she might collapse at any moment.

As tears cascaded from her eyes, her strides lightened until the sensation of stepping on the ground vanished. She was running away, unmindful of all the spiteful stares following her. 

All she wanted was to run away from everybody from Arq.

Bigla siyang napadilat nang maramdaman na parang may pumipigil ng kanyang paghinga. Sumalubong sa kanya ang nanlalabong paningin.

Sa kanyang pagbangon ay tuluyan ng tumulo ang namuong luha sa kanyang mga mata. Marahas niyang pinunasan ang pisngi bago pa man siya mauwi sa paghikbi.

Hanggang sa pagtulog ba naman ay hindi talaga siya patatahimikin ni Arq?

Pagbaling niya sa bintana ay nakita niyang madilim pa ang kalangitan. Sa pamamagitan ng munting liwanag mula sa lampshade, nakita niyang mahimbing pa rin na natutulog si Gigi.

A week has passed in the blink of an eye, yet, she sees no progress in her moving-on phase. Although she appreciates Gigi's effort to help her forget about her heartbreak, still nothing drains away the pain. In fact, her best friend even attempts to find her a match but she strongly refuses.

She's not like Arq, who has a habit of using people for her personal gain.

A new night brings a growing sense of yearning within her. She grapples with the mystery of why, at times, she harbors resentment toward Arq, only to be replaced by a profound sense of missing her afterwards— a thing she can't share with her best friend because she already knows her reaction.

For the nth time, she delves into reminiscence once more. Memories start to flood her mind, evoking a complex blend of bittersweet sensations. Though it may seem dumb, the idea of committing suicide has already made its way into her mind. So much so that it has manifested on her wrist.

It's just a tiny scratch that Gigi fails to notice.

Bigla na lamang siyang nabaliw noong isang araw at nang makakita ng blade sa banyo ay sinubukan niyang sugatan ang sarili. Mabuti na lamang ay kumatok kaagad si Gigi bago pa niya maidiin ang blade sa kanyang pulso. Nang magbalik siya sa katinuan ay namura niya ang sarili. Nangako rin siyang hindi na niya iyon uulitin.

Naalala niya ang banta noon ni Shakira, "I will make sure that you bring about your own downfall."  Eto na kaya ang sinasabi nito? Ganonpaman, ayaw niyang magsaya ito sa pagiging miserable niya.

Napakislot siya nang marinig ang malakas na tunog ng kanyang cellphone. Inaasahan na niyang si Andy iyon. Panay ang tawag nito ng alanganing oras para tanungin kung ayos lang siya sapagkat nag-aalala ito. Ilang beses na niya itong sinabihan na ayos lang siya pero ipinagpapatuloy pa rin nito ang pagtawag-tawag.