╰69th Catch╮

◈ Caught By A Beast ◈

╰69th Catch╮

HER heart feels colder than the Christmas air. She missed out on the family's Christmas Eve gathering and skipped his dad's birthday party as she decided to remain in the hospital, with hope in her heart that today is the day Lara wakes up, a long-awaited miracle.

Upon her mother's arrival, her family made a short visit to the hospital. Despite being unfamiliar with Lara, her mother couldn't help but feel sympathy for her condition. She also expressed anticipation about meeting her girlfriend once she's awake.

In the company of her girlfriend's family, she celebrated Christmas. The day didn't turn out as joyful as they had hoped, with everyone anticipating a miracle, yet they made an effort to carry on as usual, if only for a fleeting moment. She felt compelled to eat, overwhelmed by Lara's parents' insistence. Furthermore, the intensity of Gigi's gaze was unsettling, causing her to feel increasingly intimidated.

The following day, Andy and Yuan showed up. They hadn't visited in quite some time due to their thesis commitments. It was then that she recalled Lara's impending graduation. Consequently, she found herself earnestly hoping for Lara's recovery before their graduation ceremony.

Andy shared with her that, for the first time, she had fulfilled her attendance of the nine dawn masses, fervently praying for Lara's awakening. However, her heart sank a little when she saw her friend, still lying unconscious.

Once Andy and Yuan had left, her three best friends came over. They checked in on her and urged her to take care of herself. Greco also mentioned something to her about the ongoing investigation. But the details were limited, fearing that any sudden revelation might cause her to lose control and potentially go berserk.

Aware of her ability, she didn't push further even though she desperately wanted to know the whole truth. She was contented knowing that there was some progress, albeit small, and that her friends were taking care of it. 

She was just waiting for Lara to wake up before she took action.

TIME continues to pass, with her enduring numerous cold nights, unable to find solace in sleep. Upon catching sight of herself in the mirror, she notices the dark circles forming beneath her eyes and the puffiness of her eye bags. In addition to that is her skinny physique. Yet, she simply ignores the changes in her physical appearance.

"Happy New Year!"

Napabalikwas siya ng bangon nang marinig ang malakas na sigaw kasabay ng malalakas na putok. Kasing-lakas ng mga putok ang pintig ng kanyang puso habang siya'y patayo sa couch.

Dahil nanlalabo pa ang paningin ay medyo nahirapan pa siyang kilalanin kung kanino ang malamig na kamay na biglang humawak sa braso niya.

"Arq! Hoy!" Sigaw nito sabay tinapik-tapik ang kanyang pisngi.

Clearing her vision with a rub of her eyes, she, at last, discerned Pearl standing before her, her face etched with concern.

"Okay ka lang?" Tanong ng dalaga.

Marahan siyang tumango-tango sabay tanong,  "A-ano 'yong... p-pumutok?"

"Sorry, ang lakas pala no'ng volume ng tv. Pagbukas ko, nagulat din ako." Paglilinaw nito na medyo lumambot na rin ang itsura.

She lets out a sigh of relief knowing that nothing awful is happening. It seems that she has been traumatized by all the unpleasant events.

"Sorry, nakatulog ako." Paghingi niya ng paumanhin habang inaayos ang sarili.