Chapter 26 (Envy: Powerless)

DeVian POV

DeVian: "Damn!"

I erupt in rage as he hid himself in the void, a space between the dimension gates that creates the connections through each dimension.

DeVian: "Why is he here!? I thought for sure that treacherous bastard was blown away by the deity of sin."

...That guy just loves to get into other people's business! Urgh! Why does he even bother!? He knows that once the gears of chaos starts moving, then there will be no other outcome but disaster...

DeVian: "Is he trying to defy this law and order?"

...No... He can't be that stupid... The Gear of Chaos oversees everything... and he is clearly going against its will... If you defy it, then fate will ensure your demise... is that what he wants!?

DeVian: "wait... Of course that's what he wants!"

...Just like what he did to our home world... the nosy prick just couldn't keep his nose out of the way...

DeVian: "I knew we shouldn't have spared his life!"

...EnCodex just had to show pity and instead of killing him, she just simply re-coded his memories...

DeVian: "And Now look where we are! I knew it was a mistake to trust that bastard!"

We could have taken over our home world, we could have been able to live on as leaders of our nations... but no... that bastard just had to screw things up and freed the Deity of Sin...

DeVian: "Haah... Whatever... at least now I have another goal to reach... Destroy every dimension I find and KILL THAT BASTARD ONCE AND FOR ALL!!"

Meanwhile in Lastation...

Noire: "Uni, are you sure you're okay?"

Uni: "Yeah, I'm fine physically, but there's this weird gap in my memories... I don't even know why it's there..."

Schwarz: "The only explanation I can up with, is that you must have encountered an aberrant..."

Noire: "An Aberrant."

Schwarz: "Yes."

Uni: "I think I've heard that somewhere before..."

Schwarz: "Well..."

...Schwarz explains what an aberrant is...

Noire: "So they can alter our memories? That's kinda creepy."

Schwarz: "Indeed, but Aberrants are really rare these days, its a miracle that you even met one."

Uni: "But... Why just my memories? and why were the ones removed so specific?"

Schwarz: "I believe the aberrant you faced was young, still unable to fight, but at the very least it was able to alter your memories, making you forget its identity."

Uni: "Is that so..."

Uni's POV

We reached Lastation, it took awhile for us to get back because we had to get all the equipment back as well, we also secured the Soul Orb and brought it to the Expanded Laboratory under Lastation's basilicom...

Uni: "Hey, what is that shining orb?"

In the middle of the lab was a spire and on top of it was an orb that emitted a rainbow colored light... Looking closer, I found it familiar...

Uni: "Wait... Isn't that a Soul Orb?"

Schwarz: "Indeed... This soul orb acted like a battery for the power core... but now... its losing efficiency and is not able power the shield anymore... The expedition we did yesterday was so that we could feed the minerals we gathered to an INVI so that we can acquire another soul orb."