Chapter 37 (Lust: Pleasure and Pain)

...Through the darkness of the unknown, the young girl walked slowly... she turns her head left and right but all she saw was the empty void... until for a moment she saw a glimmer of light...

Emerald: "What was that...!?"

...Soon she began to hear someone's voice... someone crying... weeping... pleading... suffering...

Emerald: "Who's there!?"

"I will keep my promise..."

"I will bring you back... no matter what!"

Then... a few seconds later, she wakes up with someone's face only inches away from her, she then saw herself reflected into the ocean blue eyes of a dashing man, the man she respects the most, the man she adores, the man she loves... her breath was cut short as she smelled the sweet masculine scent of the man... She touched the man's face and goes for a gentle embrace as the man pulls her up... She was lying on a soft bed inside the man's room, they've made many memories here in this room, painful ones, sweet ones even embarrassing ones...

Grun: "How are you feeling?"

Emerald: "I'm fine... just a bit dizzy..."

Grun: "Can you tell me what happened?"

Emerald: "I just felt nauseous... Don't worry, I'm fine like I said."

Grun: "You felt...Nauseous...?"

Emerald: "Yeah."

Grun: "...Hrmm..."

Emerald: "What's wrong?"

Grun: "...Is it because we've been doing it for quite a bit that I actually got you-"

SLAP!!!

Grun: "Oof!"

Emerald: "That's not it you idiot! Geez! Way to overthink things you genius! And people call you a sage... You're nothing but a perv!"

The girl proceeds to push the man away out of shame, she pulls the covers to conceal her half naked body and tried to calm herself down...

Emerald: "Really though, of all the outcomes to think of, you just had to choose the most outrageous of all."

Grun: "That's nonsense."

Emerald: "What is?"

Grun: "You calling the fruit of our union an outrage is full of nonsense."

Emerald: "...Grun... let's be real for a bit here, would you even consider having me for your wife?"

Grun: "I wouldn't choose anyone else over you, you were the one who opened my eyes from the truth of this meaningless war. And even if they scorn you for who or what you are, I will never forsake you."

Emerald: "All because I saved one human life... it doesn't mean I am harmless to humans..."

Grun: "And just because I've slain monsters doesn't mean I can't learn to love them as well."

Emerald: "Grun..."

Grun: "...On that day, when your so called "prank" backfired and threatened the life of a human child, you went out of your way to save her... If that's not proof enough that monsters and humans can get along then I don't know what is."

Emerald: "That is so one-sided in so many reasons, because, even if you were to think that way, there is no way that every single human will follow your ideals."