Chapter 42 (Wrath: A call for help)

Unappreciated, misunderstood, lost, irritated...

Countless negative emotions assailed me last night, it was probably because of that dream... and...

...Suddenly, an image flashed before me... A mirror of myself...

Neptunio: "Ugh-!"

...It was dark... I could feel the cold breeze blowing past me... What did surprise me a bit though...

Neptune: "Hey there."

Neptunio: "Hey... Shouldn't you be asleep by now?"

Neptune: "Nah, Nep Jr. Kept hugging me like there's no tomorrow, I could hardly shut my eye."

Neptunio: "Heh... She hasn't seen you in a while after all."

Neptune: "I know, but you know what? She may be acting like a helpless child, but she's actually pretty useful you know?"

Neptunio: "No doubt about it, hearing the report from Zilog, she was able to protect everyone... It's a bit... irritating really..."

Neptune: "Why so?"

Neptunio: "Well... Knowing that my junior is actually better at keeping people safe... It feels bad to the tongue..."

Neptune: "Hehehe~! I get how you feel... But in a way, it makes me rely on her..."

Neptunio: "You rely on her too much though..."

Neptune: "Ahahahahahaha! Yeah, I guess you're right."

Neptunio: "Anyway, why don't you get some rest you look like you you could fall over any-"

Flop~

Neptunio: "H-hey..."

Neptune: "...ZZZzzz..."

...She fell on me... Great...

Neptunio: "Upside-daisy"

Neptune: "Myuu~ mmm~"

...She hasn't changed at all, the way she talks, the way she moves, the way she gets herself into trouble...

Neptunio: "But..."

...Out of everything... out of Everyone...  She's always the one... and the only one... that surprises me...

Neptunio: "Hrm... "

...Still though... even after all the surprises, after every change this girl has done...

Neptunio: "She couldn't change... The outcome..."

...Am I just hoping for nothing? Is everything bound in this unforgivable cycle?

I breathe out a heavy sigh... It was just a meaningless thought...

Neptunio: "My goal hasn't changed... after all these years... after all these worlds... It never has..."

Neptune: "Mmm... hrm..."

...She squirms and snuggled closer to me... So childish and innocent... very defenseless too... Just like how she was.

...I brush her hair off her face as she laid there quietly on my bed... Then suddenly... The whole room turned dark, I was brought into an empty void...

Neptune: "What do you want this time?"

...Dark puddles... Dark clouds... They started to form a being before me...

Cracker: "...I must admit, I've committed a blunder, I didn't think you'd lose the beasts powers when I hit you with the blade of chaos."

Neptunio: "Yeah Well, that works just fine to me..."