Chapter 64 (Acceptance: Ending of Solitude)

Bel's POV

What is it that makes you want to break the rules? What makes you want to be evil? What pushes you over the edge so much that you opt to break the boundaries of morality, society, divinity, and life itself?

Is it anger?

The emotion that drives you to go on a rampage until it is depleted?

Is it hunger?

The state of which you are bound to consume everything in your path?

Is it pride?

The reflection of your indomitable will to defy even the gods?

...Or maybe it's something else?

Something so horrid, so vile that it defiles your very soul, something so evil that all reason and the concept of rationality just leaves your entire mind, never to return again.

That something... That is colder than the frost from a blizzard, colder than a day's worth of rain, colder than death itself...

That feeling... It begins with...

Hopelessness...

The feeling of having nowhere else to go, the trapped mind can never find a solution to even the simplest problems, chained by the thought of having no place to hide, nowhere to run, it drives them deeper into...

Madness...

...The mind has ceased to accept anything from others and instead treats every single thing as a threat and mindlessly lashes out on everything, as they go through this, they soon realize their mistakes, driven by the sorrow in their hearts, they retreat inward and is then consumed by...

Regret...

...Losing all connection to anyone, they start giving up hope, their actions have lead them here, in this place of solitude and with this heavy feeling, they deny themselves of warmth and love... Because after going through this painful process, they are now stricken with...

Fear...

...They refuse to engage with others anymore, they don't want to go through the same painful events again, and they know that if they do try to reach out, the possibility of this painful events reoccurring in the future is big, and they do not want this... And so finally they reach the deepest pit of one's existence, with nothing to hold, no one to reach out to... They have secluded themselves in...

Loneliness...

Narrator Takes over

Golden Heart: "But that just means your weak... Too much of a coward to take a stand, to fight for what's right, to answer for your sins, so you make up a reason to hide behind a solitary veil."

Cracker: "Hehehe..."

Golden Heart: "I can see your pain, now let me show you... The pain you have caused others!"

...In a daring display of conviction, Bel charged forward with her claws at the ready, she finds a spot to penetrate her enemy's defense... With a thrust of her arm, her claws dig deep into the Cracker's left shoulder...

Cracker: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

...In a fit of hysteria, the Cracker drew his blade and proceeds to stab Bel in the leg, she is now rooted in place and the Cracker draws another sword out of thin air to slash downward in an attempt to cut off the girl's head.