Chapter 44 (Wrath: Defiant Rage)

Flash back Shatana's POV

Much time has passed ever since I joined Daddy's company, I was tense at first because all this "I am your friend" act was nothing but a fraud... I was only doing this to keep a close look at the progress of their search in finding a way to extract our powers...

I wonder If they know...

Well, for one, Genesis...he's sharp, one little mess up might clue him in, I gotta be careful... But I do feel a little guilty for doing this... because...

Neptunio: "Shatana, have you eaten yet?"

Shatana: "No, I haven't"

Crackle!

Genesis: "If you don't eat, your boobs won't grow you know."

Shatana: "Oh you shut up! And that's sexual harassment you know!"

Genesis: "Whatever, Eat up while the food's hot, I placed your pudding in the fridge you can eat that after your meal."

Shatana: "T-thanks..."

...That was just the first day... And yet they were treating me like I was family...

Phone (Bel): "So how are you doing...?"

Shatana: "I'm fine, as for their search, there hasn't been anything yet..."

Phone (Bel): "I see... Also Shatana... Do you still want to do this?"

Shatana: "What are you saying...?"

Phone (Bel): "I'm asking you if you still want to continue doing this, if it's too much for you-"

Shatana: "I'll continue..."

Phone (Bel): "Very well, take care Shatana..."

...Truth be told... I was on the edge... I didn't want to continue... but... for some reason... I didn't leave... why though?

On some days they would take me out for training, Genesis was merciless... But I was too...

Genesis: "You're not getting me with those lousy moves!"

Shatana: "You're one to talk! Try fighting back, all you do is run!"

Genesis: "Fine then..."

Shatana: "Agh!!"

Genesis: "Let's try and break a few bones!"

Shatana: "Ahhhh!!!!"

...He dragged me on the ground like a ragdoll, then tossed me into the air, he then jumped up and summoned his sword...

Genesis: "Lights out!"

...He summons lightning from the heavens and struck me down to the ground...

Shatana: "I won't lose just yet..."

...I channeled energy into my hell hound and with a last ditch effort I jumped towards him for a close range blast...

Shatana: "Roar for me Hell hound blast!"

Genesis: "Hah! Stupid girl!"

Shatana: "What!?"

...Genesis swings his sword with so much force that it created a vacuum in front of him and started sucking in all that was in the area, it was gravity well!

Genesis: "Sink! And blow away!"

...he cuts the gravity well unleashing a huge wave of energy to strike me...

Shatana: "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

...I lost... even with my strength... I lost...

Genesis: "Hehe... not bad... You've gotten stronger..."