Chapter 62 (Sloth: Corroded Morals)

???

...Dark... Darker...Yet Darker... It was so cold that it felt like my fingers would break off if I try to move them...

When was the last time I'd felt the warmth of the sun... The smell of grass, on an open field, wind blowing past me... The sound of chirping birds, and the sensation of turning pages on a new book... Reading a fulfilling story until afternoon...

...When did I last do those mundane things... So simple yet so satisfying...

*grab*

"...I've got you..!"

...Someone grabbed my cold hand... Who is it? Who's there? I asked.

"...Don't worry, I'll get you out of here..."

...They're pulling on me... The area where their hands held me felt... Reassuringly warm...

"...It's deathly cold down there, if you let them take you, You're going to have a hard time coming back... Don't let go now, okay?"

...I could only nod in agreement... And so, I was pulled upwards by someone I hardly knew...

"...I won't let go..."

...I said to the person to saved me from the dark depths...

Present Day

Bel's POV

Bel: "Urmm... Hm? Oh yeah... We're in Leanbox now..."

Plutia: "Puruurururuuun~ Pururururururuunnn~"

...What the hell? Plutie? Uwaa~ She's drooling on me...

Bel: "Okay... Gross now lemme go..."

...I try to pry her off but she kept a tight hold...

Bel: "Haa... Guess I have to..."

...I touch her with my claws and drain just enough strength to loosen her hold...

Bel: "Upsy-daisy... Eww...Now I need new clothes... Hm?"

...I felt my skin get crackly, I scratch it and as gross as it sounds, dirt got stuck in my nails...

Bel: "This...Is just disgusting..."

...From my inventory I pulled out a towel, shampoo, soap and other utensils...

I went into the bathroom to take a well deserved bath... Took off my clothes and splashed my face with water from the faucet.

Bel: "I didn't really use to bathe that much before though... I guess Feria rubbed off on me..."

I enter the showers and turn on the water... hot water rained down on my body as I contemplate what happened yesterday...

Flashback

Feria: "The OV unit... Is still inside her!?"

EnCodex: "That's right...Though it is a curse, It's also a blessing."

Adult Neptune: "A blessing?"

Shatana: "Cut the crap! How is having a dark artifact stuck inside you a flippin blessing!?"

Bel: "...."

Zeb: "Is Original going to die?"

Neptune: "Yeah sure- Wait what!? H-h-h-h-hey! I'm not going to kick the bucket am I!? If so, then go ahead take it out! Go ahead!"

...The dunce started stripping on the spot in front of everybody, of the kids and of...

SLAP!

Grun: "OWW! What did I do!?"