Chapter 67 (Lies and Scars)

...The preparations for battle were well underway for now, no reports of the three fallen beasts have appeared just yet and the HERETICS were almost ready. Meanwhile, the Council of Lords which involved Grun, Weiz, Schwarz and Genesis were having a meeting on how to battle the incoming threat of the Shadows.

Genesis: "According to our scouts, the army of shadows are heading towards Lastation passing through the Vita Ravine, if we establish a command center here, we will have enough resources for our troops."

Grun: "Yes, but I believe we need to do something with our army as well, establishing a base is nothing without manpower after all."

Genesis: "Indeed, Schwarz...?"

Schwraz: "My men will provide the minerals and gas needed to upgrade our army's weapons and armor. Rest assured by the time a Beast of Sin appears, they will all be battle ready."

Weiz: "Luna and I will provide support, While Luna heals the wounded I ensure that no shadow will get pass the ravine."

Grun: "That's a dangerous task you're getting yourself into Weiz."

Weiz: "Don't worry, Luna's got my back as well."

Genesis: "You sure do have a lot of faith in her. Anyway, I will lead the charge, I will need the help of every CPU, CPU candidate, and the Inheritors to fend off the incoming beasts, Master and Zilog are also working on AI based support units with Nepgear, Edge Gear and the Cracker."

Schwarz: "Wait... You're making Nepgear and that Cracker work together?"

Genesis: "The two of them are practically the geeks in our group and I can't deny their prowess in technology."

Schwarz: "I don't know sister, Nepgear's... Well..."

Genesis: "It'll be fine, if we are to win this fight together, they need to reach an understanding soon, and besides, its as good as any opportunity for them to get some closure."

MEANWHILE IN THE LAB

Nepgear: "...."

Cracker: "Yo..."

Edge Gear: "Ahaha... Okay then! Uhh... Master? What do ya need?"

Master: "We need Pylon Crystals to power up these units, ordinary batteries ain't gonna cut it."

Zilog: "There are Pylon Crystal deposits found in the volcanic caves of Lastation, these caves, known as the ZONY Caverns, have high probabilities of creating the said crystals due to the elements present in the soil, the Crystals are cyan in color but when exposed to lava they emit a distinct shade of red which contrasts their color."

Cracker: "How much do you need?"

Master: "Take as many as you can, but be careful, those caves have deadly toxins and other crystals that can explode if handled carelessly."

Edge Gear: "Got it, we'll be back soon."

...The Cracker and Edge Gear we're headed to the exit but Nepgear stayed put...

Edge Gear: "Huh...? Umm... Do you wanna come with us?"

Nepgear: "Huh? Oh Goodness! I zoned out back there sorry, I'm coming."

Cracker: "If you're not feeling well, you can stay."

...The Cracker raised his hand to feel Nepgear's forehead...

Nepgear: "No!"

SLAP!

...His hand was slapped away...