Chapter 28 (Envy: The Truth)

Uni's POV

After breakfast, Memoire brought me to her room... There was an awkward silence on the way there and I knew why... I wanted to know why she tampered with my memory...

We got inside her room... it was simple room, the curtains had the color of lilac a wardrobe found at the right side from the door, an unkempt bed with a white blanket...

And then...

...There's a desk with a PC set neatly assembled on it... What was shocking though, was the image on the monitor...

Uni: "Umm..."

Memoire: "Hm? What's wro- *GASPPP!!!!!*"

...There was an image... it was a fan art... a fan art of...

Uni: "This is... Neptunio..."

Memoire: "AWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!"

...Is she secretly lusting for Neptunio? I mean I won't deny the fact that the dude is good looking (Neptune: "Ha! Calling your own characters good looking? That's cheap Mr. Author!") But since Neptunio is Schwarz's brother... does that mean she is lusting for her own UNCLE!?

Memoire; "I-It's not what you think! Really! Let me explain!"

...Neptunio was drawn in a rather scandalous position...

Uni: "Umm... I don't know what to say..."

Memoire: "P-please! Don't tell anyone about this!"

Uni: "...I have no intention to..."

Memoire: "Oh good! Thanks."

Uni: "But does it really matter...?"

Memoire: "Huh?"

Uni: "You're just going to tamper with my memory again aren't you?"

Memoire: "I...I woul-"

Uni: "Don't lie!"

Memoire: "I...! I'm sorry..."

Uni: "Why'd you do that anyway?"

Memoire: "I couldn't let you tell Schwarz I left the Basilicom..."

Uni: "Well erasing that part of my memory would have been enough... but you've practically erased your very existence in my mind!"

Memoire: "I know..."

Uni: "And that's just it! You knew what you were doing was uncalled for and yet you did it anyway... What you've done made me realize something... And that's the fact that you have so little trust in me!"

Memoire: "!!!"

Uni: "I understand that we've just met... that we were practically strangers..."

Memoire: "Uni..."

Uni: "But I showed you my memories... I listened to your life story... And NOW YOU DO THIS!? What you did was lame and your excuse really sucks... I can't believe it... I can't believe that you can't trust me."

Memoire: "Uni... I'm sorry... I know what I did was wrong... but believe me... I do trust you, and as for the reason why I erased your memory, it's all true... I'm not allowed to leave the Basilicom without Lord Schwarz's consent."

Uni: "Why though?"

Memoire: "I don't know... He won't tell me..."

Uni: "How do I know that you're not lying to me..."

Memoire: "You can ask him yourself... ever since the first day I was here he forbid me to leave the Basilicom unless he gave me permission or he accompanied me."