Chapter 53 (Pride: The Conviction of Ones heart)

Days of yore

I hear her scream, I feel her rage... see what happens when you take away something important from others?

Her tears fell flat to the ground, her attacks were out of focus, she is...

Ro: "YOU BASTARD!!!!"

...Lost in anger...

Gates pour into my void with blasts of fire, blizzards, lightning and many more... She was out to kill me... but...

Azazel: "I still feel that reluctance! If you won't give it your all, you won't defeat me!"

Ro: "He was just reincarnated! after 100 years of waiting!"

Azazel: "Reincarnated..?"

Ro: "I was the only one left... On the day I took that beast's life I was the only one left... First one to return was EnCodex, then... brother Devian... and then just 2 years ago, Skid... AND YOU JUST KILLED HIM!"

Azazel: "Then I propose a solution..."

Ro: "What?"

Azazel: "Reverse the time... Plunge the blades into the dimension's core and you'll be able to bring him back..."

Ro: "You think by reversing time you can escape death?"

Azazel: "Sure do."

Ro: "You're a moron!"

Azazel: "!?"

...Why? If we do that, she can get her brother back, and I can continue my research in bringing her back...

Ro: "Sure I can just reverse time and bring him back! but in exchange I'll be draining this world's life!"

Azazel: "So what? Just go and take over other worlds."

Ro: "Are you that sick in the head that you're able to say such disgusting things!"

Azazel: "If you want to get your brother back then that's an option for ya."

Ro: "And risk the entire dimension!? You're SICK! YOU ARE SICK IN THE HEAD!"

Azazel: "I have been for a very long time!"

...Yes, I was mad, I was frustrated...

Ro: "You tried to revert time before, but you suddenly stopped, not because you wanted to, but because when you did... We leaders felt the gears turning and we bestowed a seal in the core to prevent you from going back any further... How do you think did we know so much about the blades and the core? Because we went through the same mistake you are going through... We reversed time in our battle with that beast, every time we were defeated or when one of us died in the battle... But when we finally won, we realized our mistake in messing with time..."

Azazel: "What are you talking about?"

Ro: "The storms, the droughts, the fires and earthquakes... They became more and more devastating at an alarming rate, as we investigated these anomalies, we found out that our bonds as the pillars of this world had been weakened, we've been draining the world's energy when we reversed the time, as it's energy became depleted our powers dwindled with it as well... So we decided to never reverse time again... We could be all be reincarnated since we've been exposed with the swords but..."

Azazel: "Wait... What was that?"

Ro: "What?"

Azazel: "You mean... You can reincarnate someone if they get exposed with the swords?"