Side Story (Winds and Flames)

...One day in Leanbox, Luna and Emerald were out gathering supplies for the frontlines. While doing so, the two engage in conversation...

Luna: "Hey, we don't really talk all that much, do we?"

Emerald: "Hmm... Yeah, you're right! I mean outside of battle meetings and supply gathering, we don't really talk about other stuff... like at all."

Luna: "Well seeing as this is a chance for us, do you have anything to talk about?"

Emerald: "Well... How's the weather lately?"

Luna: "Oh come on, you must have something better."

Emerald: "I don't really know... How about you? Do you have anything to talk about?"

Luna: "I guess... if I'm being perfectly honest... I'm a bit concerned of what's next to come."

Emerald: "What do you mean?"

Luna: "All of the fallen beasts have been gathered, and the shadow assaults have dwindled as well... While it all looks so reassuring, there's this nagging feeling that something bad is about to happen."

Emerald: "I see... I understand what you're saying... What comes next after this? We're still in this make-shift world, I wonder what the Cracker and Neptunio are up to."

Luna: "I just wish there was some sort of sign, a small signal that tells us everything will be okay. Because all this silence while very calming... It's also brought some uncertainty..."

Emerald: "Yeah... Well, on the bright side, Big Neptune's having a daughter soon."

Luna: "Oh yes! I have heard of it from the others too! But... Who's the father?"

Emerald: "No one knows, she doesn't want to talk about it too much as well."

Luna: "Oh and have you heard? Noire and Schwarz will soon have a daughter as well!"

Emerald: "No way!"

Luna: "..."

Emerald: "..."

Luna: "We're being kinda nosy, aren't we?"

Emerald: "Nosy... Yes we are..."

...The two fell into silence once again, as they approach the store, they suddenly felt the earth rumble...

Luna: "What's going on!?"

Emerald: "I don't know... But it sounds like trouble!"

...They both arm themselves but to no avail because...

Emerald: 'Huh...? Nothing happened...?"

Luna: "Excuse me sir? Has there been any incident?"

...The two questioned the populace, but aside from the earlier rumble, nothing really happened... a few minutes later...

Grun: "Emerald!"

Emerald: "Grun!? What are you doing here?"

Grun: "I heard a report that there were some rumbling here, are you okay!?"

Emerald: "I'm fine you big goof, I thought you were busy sending the men to the frontlines?"

Grun: "I had Vert lead them instead... They probably liked it that way..."

Meanwhile...

Vert: "Now then gentlemen, Forward March!"

Soldiers: "Yes Ma'am!!!"