Chapter 63 (Sloth: The Voice of Despair)

???

We've reached a certain point in the abyss where we could no longer rise, the place was cold, but with this person's hand holding onto me, I could feel a sense of warmth.

"Don't ever let go okay?"

...I simply said yes to the voice, it was a very young voice, could be a child's or a really young teen girl, the hand holding unto mine was warm, it felt reassuring. And unlike the cold dark black abyss, the hand that held me gave me a sense of being human...

...

Neptune's POV

Neptune found herself in an empty space, darkness, nothing but darkness, but then, a voice came from behind her, without turning around Neptune spoke with the voice...

???: "Hey... Have you ever killed someone before?"

Neptune: "What?"

???: "Like, have you taken someone else's life for self gain, or for any reason at all, may it be good or bad."

Neptune: "Well, if we're talking about gaming terms... I've beaten monsters multiple times for Exp Points, but actual life... Nah, not really."

???: "I've killed people... Just not on this timeline though."

Neptune: "Wait, are you saying that you're from someplace else? Who are you anyway?"

???: "What? Can't you tell?"

Neptune: "Hm?"

???: "Why don't you turn around and face me."

...Neptune turns around only to find a familiar face... Too Familiar in fact, it was the face she sees when looking down into the water, it was the face that she sees when looking in the mirror...

Neptune: "What the Nep!?"

???: "I am you silly."

...Neptune Jerks up from her bed with a pain on her neck and an Ache in her head...

Neptune: "Sweet Holy Pudding! What kind of nightmare was that!?"

Bel: "That was no nightmare, Original."

Neptune: "Bel?"

Bel: "Sorry to wake you up from your afternoon Nap, but we've got some business to attend to."

Neptune: "Wait! Whatd'ya mean it wasn't a nightmare."

Bel: "I'll explain later, now get a move on!"

...

Inside Grun's tent

Grun: "The Vanguard from the gates have reported that a huge amount of shadows are forming, and among those shadows was the dreaded beast of Lust."

Emerald: "Hrm..."

Shatana: "But didin't we beat that thing already?"

Feria: "We did, on our initial travel from Planeptune."

Adult Neptune: "Well, it's not the first time."

Bel: "What do you mean?"

Plutia: "See...~ We've beaten that baddy already too~ Twice to be exact~"

Neptune: "Wait, are you saying there's more than one horny dark Emerald out there?"

Emerald: "Excuse me!?"

Grun: "I'm afraid so..."

Genesis: "No arguement there..."

Emerald: "HEY!"