Chapter 31 (Greed: Erretter des Erlösers)

??? POV

How did I get here...? The last thing I remember before I got here was an explosion... but what exactly exploded...?

???: "urk..."

I feel nausea overcome me as I trudged through the deep snow... The blizzard was strong and it sent chills to my spine...

...GRAAAGHHHHH!!!!

...I hear a roar in the distance... another monster? How many monsters are there in this place...? The snow sent a nostalgic feeling to my skin... it reminds me of the time when my friends and I were traveling around the snow clad fields of Lowee...

??? : "...It's too late for regrets now..."

...A gigantic fenrir appeared before me as the blizzard grinds to a stop...

Fenrir: "Raghhh!!!!"

...it Snarls at me it bared its fangs showing no sign of backing down...

???: "You sure are more ferocious now that the last time I fought one of your kind."

... It prepares to pounce... it lowers its body to the ground as it stares at me with those blood-red eyes...

???: "Please... I mean you no harm... but..."

...I summon the blade... It sparks as it makes contact with the open air... the familiar yet regret inducing color glows in the dead of night...

With the blizzard gone... The Moon reveals itself... and surrounding me were fifty hungry looking Fenrirs...

???: "...I guess you will have a full course meal for tonight."

...The blade glows brighter, it emits a flame like aura that melts the snow beneath my feet... The Fenrirs charged in a fit of rage...

I close my eyes as I let the blade in my hand take over my body... no matter how many times I do it... I can never fathom the amount of gore... that presents itself whenever everything was finished... The blade's hunger could not be sated, it seeks for more blood... more lives... when it has eaten its fill... I gain control again... but when I do...

???: "Urk...!"

...As I open my eyes... I start to vomit... The strong scent of dismembered limbs and the sight of blood always sickened me... It reminds me of the things I've done... It reminds me of the friends I betrayed... all because I wanted to save the world...

???: "Save the world...? All I did was push it to stagnation... no advancement... no competition... I did make the citizens' lives peaceful... but I had to trade in the trust and the lives of my friends..."

...From an overlooking hill... someone approached me... It was a guy... he held an axe in his hand... his hair shined red under the moon's light, as his eyes shined a cyan hue... his appearance reminded me of my friend... one who was full of energy, full of life, full of hopes and dreams... but sadly... I took it all away from her...

Guy: "So... you've been the one killing all the monster's in my Nation..."

???: "I-I beg your pardon... but I only attacked because they came at me first."

Guy : "Oh...? You don't seem like you're a bad girl... unlike from what I've heard at least."

???: "From what you've heard...? I'm not sure I understand..."

Guy: "You've been slaying monsters non-stop from so many places... Word on the street is that you're a crazed psychopath who'd kill anyone who will stand in your way..."