Chapter 61 (Sloth: Polluted Dream)

???

???

It was a small idea... Minuscule when compared to even mundane activities...

Breathing... Eating... Bathing...

...It was a very small dream... When compared to rubble it might as well be nothing...

But...

It was precious... More precious than diamonds... more precious than life... More precious than birth...

It was the single most precious yet smallest of any known issue...

"...I want to be remembered..."

...That was the single dream of a single girl I had once befriended...

...The smallest yet purest of intentions...

Hardly a challenge really... All you need to know is to get to know her... Ask for her name, what food she ate, what's her favorite show, what she likes as presents...

How to keep her memories...

...I forgot...

...Her name... What she likes... Where she was born...

But I know... She exists... She lived with me... We played together... But who is she!?

Ahh... I'm feeling cold... where am I? How did I get here again?

So cold... I can't even get warm by rubbing my hands together...

...Ahh... I'm feeling sleepy... Damn it... Not again... Why is it so dark though...?

Hmm... Last I remember... Hmm... I can't really remember... What the heck...Have I gone back to the time when I was a kid who can't remember faces and names?

Huh? When was that again...?

...Ugh...My memories all muddled...

tap~

Huh? Someone just touched me just now...

"...Umm...Are you okay?"

...Oh? There was someone else in here...

...I asked if they knew what this place was...

"...Sorry...I'm not really sure myself..."

...I was disappointed... but oh well, they might just be in the same case as me...

I inquired if they remember the last thing that they did...

"...Ah! Yeah~ I was looking at the setting sun! It was wonderful!"

...Hehe... Looks like they remember... lucky bastard...

"Oh no!"

...The voice suddenly panicked... And I soon realized that something was coiling up on my limbs...