Chapter 60: (Sloth: Warped Colors)

Days of Yore

Cracker: "Damn it!"

...I smashed a nearby chair... Frustration..? No... It was something else...

Cracker: "All because he wouldn't let that girl die... Well... not like I don't understand anyway..."

...Indeed, finding someone like her... is actually very rare...

Cracker: "I don't even really know this Genesis... I've heard how they interact through our connection, but It's still meaningless to me..."

...Well... more like... I just can't understand it...

Cracker: "But we're using quite a bit of those shards..."

...This can't go on... We need to get to the mother dimension before we run out of shards...

Neptunio: "Wha-!? Where is she going now!?"

Cracker: "Tch... Another distraction... How long will this Derpy-faced freak keep these changes coming!?"

Neptunio: "Isn't that a good thing though? Each reset is different, nothing is set in stone, which means there is always a chance for us to reach our end point."

Cracker: "That is... If there even is an end point..."

Neptunio: "How can you say that? We've come so far, are you saying that we should just give up?"

Cracker: "I didn't say that! I just thought that there might be another way to save her..."

Neptunio: "If there was another way, then we would have done that in the first place... But we couldn't find anything... Not in EnCodex's quarters, not in the old ruins, NOTHING... This is our one and only best chance of getting to our goal."

Cracker: "Neptunio... We are losing 7 shards in every reset, this the 15 reset that we've done in this world, that doesn't seem to die! And we are trapped here unless we unlock the gates by corrupting their souls, or the dimension itself implodes."

Neptunio: "Well, you and that Monster anyway, I can go wherever I want."

Cracker: "Don't sass me right now, I'm already at my wits end with so little shards left..."

Neptunio: "You want to change the way we do things then?"

Cracker: "Hrm... Let's give the Beasts intelligence..."

Neptunio: "Well you came up with that one fast, but why?"

Cracker: "With minds of their own, they will be able to learn, feel and fight accordingly..."

....We've yet made another gamble in this however... We gave the beasts minds with the use of the shards, but they wouldn't heed orders unless it came from the main beast herself...

...the Beast informed the monsters of the existence of the swords, she informed them of their powers and how they can be used against them... She didn't tell them that the swords were in our possession however, and kept our identities in secret... Except to four of them...

Atas, Cyfer, Eelze, and Elfegore... Beasts that towered among the others, their powers that could surpass the lords... They were told to fuse with Neptunio immediately, as they carry out their plans...

...The alarm that would set off that lead the citizens of the Nation away, was just a ruse to avoid witnesses of the union during resets...

It was a lot of work, but the other monsters have now started to learn and they fought with the lords... But...