Chapter 57 (Pride: Your Vanity)

Azazel's POV

???: "Hey~! Why won't you play with anyone else?"

Azazel: "They're too noisy... I wanna play with someone who's a little bit more silent..."

???: "But playing is noisy~ You run, you jump, you climb all sorts of fun activities!"

Azazel: "I'd rather read..."

???: "Oh come on bookworm get up and go outside already!"

Azazel: "Ack! Hey! Stop pulling me! I get it... I'll go with you, okay ***** ."

...We ran into town and played with the other kids... We played a lot... and I enjoyed those times...

but now...

Cracker: "Tch!"

Neptunio: "Aghhaaa!!"

...The being before us was so powerful that we couldn't block it's attacks...

Neptunio: "What is that thing!?"

Cracker: "I don't know... But it came from that coffin... From "her" Coffin..."

Neptunio: "Are you saying that's her..?"

Cracker: "No... It can't be..."

...The Creature towered over us and raised it's Glaive...

???: "I am the embodiment of humanity's sins..."

Neptunio / Cracker: "Ugh!"

...It was a deep woman's voice...it carried the sense of dread and pain in it... Not a single hint of joy... no love... no care...

This is not the friend I knew...

This was something even more evil...

Where did it come from!?

Cracker: "Damn! Why won't it work!?"

Neptunio: "Azazel, What's wrong!?"

Cracker: "The Orb! It's not working!"

Neptunio: "What!?"

...The Orb that we unearthed has lost it's color... The once black orb has now turned into a pale rock...

Neptunio: "Agh! Look out!"

Cracker: "Ah!?"

...The being before us attacked with it's Glaive, the sudden attack took us by surprise and Azazel was her target...

...The Glaive was about to reach Azazel when...

CRACK!

Cracker: "The Orb!"

...The Orb cracked open, and from it, light bursts forth...

Neptunio: "There's people in there... Who are you!?"

...They didn't answer... They only looked at the evil with dead eyes... Then they each raised an Item towards it...

A rifle... A Dagger... A Mace and A Mirror...

The Iconic weapons of the 4 Leaders...

They attacked the Evil being as the orb finally bursts into multiple pieces...

...The beast struggled and fought back as well... The fight was brutal, DeVian's silhouette provided cover fire for the siblings as they began their onslaught on beast, Skid's silhouette attacked with his mace, and Ro's silhouette used her mirror to open gates that fired multiple elemental blasts, when the Beast countered, EnCodex's silhouette was there with her dagger to repel and defend from the attacks...