Chapter 58 (Acceptance: "Reconcile")

Days of Yore

Neptunio's POV

...We were cursed... We wondered through many realms, through many worlds... And every single world we visited met the same fate...

The 7 dark orbs would manifest as monsters that would terrorize the world we entered... We fought them back, we searched and searched for ways to stop them... but we failed... And during the said event when we would fail... We trespassed into the Dimension's core and rewound time... We tried again... we failed again... And again...and again, until the Dimension collapsed like our own...

We struggled.. We survived... But our souls are haunted by the voices of the carnage that we had left in our wake...

Blood...

Vivid red blood...

Crimson blood...

It dyed our visions like thick paint... mangled bodies, disemboweled with innards spilling out like how morsels from a sack of meat fall out...

Sickening... Disgusting...

And yet... we continue to suffer... searching for our goal...

Neptunio: "You think if we find the purest of lights, she will return to normal?"

Cracker: "She has to... She's got to..."

Neptunio: "Right... Of course."

...Maybe... Just maybe... if we exhaust all of the dark energy in this monster... she will return to normal...

We found out that the shards could only be exhausted if you use it against a soul of pure light... In retrospect it should do the same to that monster... So we searched for the purest of lights... It was within someone's soul... Specifically... The Creator's soul... In the Mother Dimension...

Cracker: "Back to square one..."

Neptunio: "So it seems..."

...So we entered other worlds, I gained the trust of the world's leaders, while secretly luring them into their deaths...

...We learned that simply killing the Leaders, wouldn't break the pillars of light, even if they die, their souls persist to keep the gate to the mother dimension close

We had to use the shards to corrupt the leaders' Souls of light and break the pillars of the dimension, allowing us access to the MOTHER DIMENSION.

But every time we do...

Si: "Children...You are no longer bound to any world..."

Neptunio: "We've come for the purest of lights..."

Cracker: "You have it... And we need it..."

Si: "Apologies... I know what you are after... I've seen your troubles... I've seen your sorrow... But Death cannot be reversed"

Cracker: "Lies! The swords brought her back but she's not the one we knew!"

Si: "What you brought back is not your friend..."

Neptune: "What?"

Si: "Her body... Is but a vessel now..."

Cracker: "Then you purify her."

Si: "I'm afraid, even powers like mine... Cannot reverse the effect of the Swords... These blades are my tools of creation and destruction... They can create... they can destroy... Your leaders asked for their power to save your world from damnation... Pity... They gave up their humanity for you, and yet here you are... the proof of their demise... And as I've said before... This monster... Is not your friend..."