Chapter 68 (Confounded Emotions)

...It was a fine morning, the sun shines down on the residents of the Basilicom with a gentle light, Genesis was already up earlier making sure that the preparations were well underway...

Bel: "Oh, Good morning Genesis."

Genesis: "Hello Bel, you're up early."

Bel: "Yeah, well, I am on scout duty today."

Genesis: "So you're going out then?"

Bel: "I just returned actually, the shadows are still amassing forces, they would have arrived at the ravine earlier, if I hadn't done anything about it."

Genesis: "I see... So you've cut down their numbers?"

Bel: "Just barely though, there's still no sign of the fallen beasts as well."

Genesis: "They'll come, I'm sure of it, right now though, I have some other concerns to attend to. If you're not busy, would you mind waking up the Cracker and Ngine... I have some questions I would like answered."

Bel: "Sure."

...Bel went to the Cracker's room... But upon her arrival the room was empty...

Bel: "Huh... Maybe he's already awake... Oh well... I'll go check on Ngine then..."

...Standing in front of Ngine's door, Bel knocked twice...

Bel: "Ngine? Are you awake?"

...No answer...

Bel: "Hrm... I'm opening the door now okay?"

...Creeeaaakk...

Bel: "Oh...My..."

...The Creaking door reveals before her quite the spectacle indeed... There on one bed, two bodies were in a beautiful embrace... The two snored quietly as they slept... Ngine snuggled up closer to the Cracker and the Cracker responds by wrapping his arms around her...

Bel: "I-I'm not dreaming, am I? Since when did these two got so close?"

Ngine: "Mmm...mnn..."

...As Ngine squirmed her face drew closer to the Cracker's face...

Bel: "*Gulp!* What should I do!?"

...In the same act, as the Cracker moved, his face came closer and closer to Ngine's as well...

Bel: "Should I just let them be for now? They seem to be really at peace... I feel like I'm intruding in something here...uhhh..."

...As they drew closer, Bel's face flushed red as she continued to watch... The Cracker's hand travelled down from Ngine's back to her waist... Ngine's arms moved from the Cracker's chest to his neck... They were pulling on one another... Finally their noses come into contact...

Bel: "I-Is it really going to happen!?"

...Bel was panicking, she wants to wake them up, but she also wanted to see things through! OH the Dilemma! She wants to look away but her eyes are stuck in the scene before her... Her breathing turned ragged, as she gulps again...Beads of sweat starts to form on her forehead... The anticipation for that final moment is torture! Her conscience is telling her to wake them up, but her heart is telling her to just watch...as she panicked though someone else had entered the room...

Feria: "Yo~!"

Pinch!

Bel: "OWWW!!!!"

Cracker / Ngine: "HUH!?"

...Bel's scream woke up the two who were sleeping...

Bel: "Why'd you pinch me!?"

Feria: "I-It wasn't that strong..."