Chapter 32 (Greed: Die Wünsche für Macht)

Ram's POV

...Okay! So if I follow the instructions in this quest card... then the area where Weiz fought the Maniac should be around...

Ram: "HERE!"

..woooooshhhhhh....~

Ram: "There's nothing here!"

...It was just a plain of snow as far as the eye can see... well there's also the forest in the  west but that's about it!

Ram: "hmm... I wonder if I got the right quest card though...AH!? Maybe Uni swapped it with a different one!?"

...Right!? That's gotta be it! It's that Sleight of hand thingy that MAGES. used!

Ram: "...Nah... It can't be... Uni's not a magician... but still..."

...There really is nothing in this place... No monsters, no treasure boxes... Just that big pile of red crystals sticking out of the groun-

Ram: "WAIT!"

...Red Crystals... cut down trees... and this reddish stain on the ground...

Ram: "I-is this.. b-blood...?"

...No doubt about it... this is the place! and from what I can see they really caused a lot of damage to the area... no surprise that Weiz was so injured...

Ram: "Mm?"

...Some of the bloodstains trailed off deep into the forrest...

Ram: "*Gulp*...Maybe this will lead to the Maniac...?"

All of a sudden...

SHINNGGGG!!!!

A burst of energy erupted deep within the forest, it reached high into the sky and then slowly faded away...

Ram: "That must be it!"

...I followed the trail...

...But it soon lead me to nothing again... I got so lost after that...

As I went deeper into the forest, time passed by and the sun started to set... The red sky masked the entire vicinity and things were looking quite bleak for me...

Ram: "Uuu~ If Only I could transform! I could just fly!"

...I couldn't feel any shares at all... it's like my feet were glued to the ground and it was frustrating!

Ram: "Haa... Just where is this Maniac even hiding!?"

...Rustle... Rustle...

Ram: "Who's there!?"

...I felt someone's presence... It surprised me a bit and now I prepared myself for whatever might come out...

Ram: "gulp!"

...Rustle...Rustle...

Ram: "Uuu~ If you won't come out... I WILL COME AT YOU! YAHHHHH!!!"

...I raised my wand high up into the air and tried to summon a big ball of ice to crush the enemy!

but...

Ram: "Eh...?"

...Nothing came... Where's my splendid Sphere of ice that will destroy my enemy!?

Rustle...Rustle...

Ram: "EEP!!"

Uhh... I'm kinda scared now... umm... I can't really do this now, can I? Rom... I wish you were here...

Ram: "NO! This time... I will stand and fight! HAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

...I charge with my wand in hand and I swing it down with all my might!