Chapter 54 (Pride: Who you Are)

Days of Yore

Silence, everything felt cold and silence was the only companion I had. What happened? Where am I? What am I doing here? I was floating in nothingness, held by tendrils that connected to someplace far-away.

I couldn't see a thing, there was no voice or sound to hear...

Just silence.

Have I died? What was my life like? For what purpose did I spend my life for?

No...

I haven't died yet, but then where am I?

"...Aghhh!!!!..."

Someone screamed in pain, where did it come from...

Clang! Booom! Crash!!

...Sounds of an on going battle reverberated in the darkness...

"...Take this!!!"

Suddenly, I see light shining through a crack... but only for a moment, the cracks healed and once again... Silence... Cold silence...

I felt my strength fading...

All these questions, yet no answer... I fall deeper and deeper... The tendrils were pulling me in, where are they taking me?

Whatever, maybe I'll remember when I wake up...

Present Day

Shatana: "Why do I have to clean this alone~?"

Neptune: "You kinda deserve it after bomb diving the balcony you know..."

Shatana: "Because I felt the headpats and...uuu~"

Neptune: "Sheesh~ It doesn't even feel all that good you know."

Shatana: "Yeah, it's not like a hug, or a..k-kiss..."

Neptune: "geh! Hey Red! that's a taboo in the Nep Community don't mention it!"

Shatana: "No one really cared in that chapter though..."

Neptune: "It's better that way, trust me...Here's breakfast by the way."

...The two shared a meal as Shatana took a break from cleaning.

Neptune: "I gotta say though, you're really spoiled when it comes to Nio now. Why is that?"

Shatana: "H-Huh!? No way! I'm not that spoiled..."

Neptune: "Yeah right, you get jealous for hugs and head pats, you constantly seek his attention and yet you go silent or even outright avoid conversations with him unless he talks to you himself. And when he does...well..."

Flashback

Neptunio: "Hey, Shatana? Can you open this jar for me?"

Shatana: "YOU GOT IT!!!!"

CRASH! The jar has been crushed under the weight of Shatana's Power like a banana crushed under the immense pressure of a road roller.

Neptunio: "uhh... O_O'...."

Present Day

Neptune: "Yeah..."

Shatana: "Haa...I don't know... I was really against him too like Bel, but..."

Neptune: "Hm?"

Shatana: "He was kind to me... All of you were, you were all thinking about my well being and you never abandoned me, you and I may look the same, but I have my own view of things, and Daddy accepted all of me, I guess that's why I'm attached to him now..."