Chapter 43 (Wrath: Surpass)

??? POV

I've had enough of it all, I've endured so much already, why can't I just end it all right here and now...? Please... I want it all to end, I want it all to just stop, I want everything to just go silent and please end this pain... I hate myself, I hate the world, I hate you all...I just want to go back... I want to return to the time where I could smile, genuine smiles... I want to go back to where I was loved... I want to go back to when I was understood, to when you were there, to when WE were there, playing, laughing...

Long Ago, I had lost someone I held dear, I loved her, I wanted her to be alive... I lost her name, I lost her soul, I lost HER, if I close my eyes I could see her face smiling, it gives me this sense of relief but when I think about the fact that I can never get her back, that smile becomes a painful thorn that tears me apart...

It all happened a long time ago...

I was a nobody, I was ignored, hated and cursed by everyone even my own parents... except there was one girl who looked my way, she brought me light, she showed me how beautiful the world was... In a way, she was my one and only true friend... And because of her I was no longer lonely, I felt like I was in a place where I belong, right by her side... Soon others joined the circle, I was able to make friends, I was able to create a place for my own. And it was all because of her...

"Hey, when the day ends, I've got a surprise for you."

I asked her what it was...

"Hehe~! It's a surprise silly, come on let's go!"

And so we went on our daily tasks for the day.

It was a childish adventure, we were out playing like always, we climbed trees, explored caves, made stories and played parts in our very own make believe tales.

On that day we went out to gather some materials to sell in the Grand Market, but an unfortunate event befell us both...

While gathering, I saw a rare material hanging from the edge of a cliff, I reached out, but as I grabbed the item, I lost my footing and ended up hanging on with one hand, my friend, she immediately rushed to save me... she grabbed my hand and pulled with all her might, my heart was pounding, I was scared, what's going to happen to me..?

"It's okay! calm down, I got you!"

...Her words were re-assuring she was so brave, so bright, so cool... I placed my faith in her and I knew we were gonna make it through this...

Crack!

"Oh no!"

...Or so I thought...

A piece of the cliff cracked underneath her and gave way, we both fell from a very high place...

"Azazel!"

...She screamed my name, without ever letting go of my hand... and together we hit the ground hard...

Pain... Nausea... disorientation... these assailed my mind and body, but what made me break down, was the scene before me...

It was devastating...and it was all my fault...

"D-don't worry about it... It was an accident...just be careful next time okay?"

...I'm sorry... I'm sorry... All I could do was apologize, I had to get help, I have to save her! I screamed out... Help! Help! Someone please help!

She was in pain, she was suffering, I couldn't let that happen... I wanted to carry her back, but when I tried to, she grimaced in pain... I was at a lost, I didn't know what to do!