Chapter 70 (Warmth of Snow)

...That night, everyone was merry, they celebrated their victory with cheers of glee and tears of joy, everyone was safe and the previous soldiers were given time to rest while the volunteers took their place in guarding the ravine...

Grun: "Make sure those sunlight pylons are up and ready, keep them running or we'll have a swarm in our midst."

Engineer: "Yes sir!"

...Grun continued ordering his men to secure the camp, he also sent scouts to patrol the ravine's perimeter...

Grun: "Make sure those shadows get any ideas by going the long way around the Ravine, keep them stuck in there."

Ghost: "Affirmative, permission to use nukes if necessary sir?"

Grun: "Permission denied. When you do see anything, report back to base and do not attempt to engage the enemy directly, we've had a clean record on casualties, I want to keep it that way."

Spectre: "Understood."

Grun: "Commence operation: Recon 2. Move out!"

Ghost / Spectre: "Yes Sir!"

...After giving the orders Grun joins the celebration.

Emerald: "Grun, you're back."

Grun: "How are you doin darlin?"

Emerald: "Oh stop you pig."

Grun: "Ahahaha... What can I say old habits die hard..."

Emerald: "Ahahaha, I'm doing okay, you however still needs to explain that little thing with Vert."

Vert: "And what might that be?"

...Vert enters the scene out of nowhere and sticks to Grun...

Grun: "V-Vert!"

Emerald: "Ah! Let go of him you perv-Vert!!"

Vert: "Oh my~ Do I sense jealousy?"

...boing~

Grun: "!!!"

Vert: "Uhuhuhu~ He seems to enjoy it~"

Emerald: "Enough! Since when were you so clingy!?"

Vert: "Ahahahahaha~ Apologies... I just can't help it."

Ngine: "Can't help what exactly?"

...Ngine joins in the conversation.

Vert: "Well...~ If you really want to know...~"

Ngine: "I have a bad feeling about this..."

...Vert pushes Grun back and stood next to Emerald, having taller than the girl, Vert looks down on Emerald...

Vert: "Cu-"

Everyone: "Cu-?"

Vert: "CUUUUUTEE!!!!!"

Ngine: "O_O!"

Grun: "O.o'"

Emerald: "WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!"

Vert: "Oh I just can't have enough of that puffy face! Oh~! Yes! Oh my goddess!!! I just want to rub my face on those puffy cheeks! Ahahahaha!"

Emerald: "No! Let me go! Ahhh!!!!"

Vert: "Nepgear is great~, Zebby is sweet~ but Emerald, you truly are the best among all! sniff* sniff* Awww~ What wonderful smell!!! How about here then~?"

Emerald: "Kyaa! Hey! Hands off! That's not a place you are supposed to touch! Noo!!!!"

Vert: "Oh dear~! How rude of me, this skinshipping should be done in private! Come now, join me in my quarter~"