Chapter 56 (Pride: Crumbling Fortitude)

Days of Yore

Neptunio's POV

Neptunio: "Aghhhhh!!!!"

DeVian: "Give up maggot!"

Neptunio: "Never... Until I save her... until I bring her back... I will never submit!!!!"

...With my sword in hand I dashed towards DeVian in blind rage... He readied his rifle and aimed for my head...

Neptunio: "I won't let you!"

...I jump and spin with my blade, as DeVian fires his shot...

Neptunio: "Defiant Counter!"

...My sword glowed bright and as it makes contact with blast, the attack is redirected and fires back at DeVian...

DeVian: "Useless!"

...DeVian then fired another shot which collided with the incoming attack, ending in a grand display of sparkling lights...

Neptunio: "You're mine!"

DeVian: "Tch!"

...I dive through the lights with my blade at the ready, I slash downward...

DeVian: "You won't get me with-!"

Neptunio: "I'm not aiming for you!!"

DeVian: "What!?"

...I slam my sword unto the ground, I didn't hit DeVian but I managed to cut his rifle...

DeVian: "You sly dog!"

Neptunio: "This is the end!"

...With all the strength in my body I pulled my sword out of the soil and swung it horizontally... 3 inches...2 inches... 1 inch...

Neptunio: "Agh-!"

...What!? Where...? Where did my sword go...!?

EnCodex: "Enough already..."

Neptunio: "No-! Guhaaa-!!!"

...EnCodex appeared in front of me with her dagger out... It was glowing white... What happened? 

EnCodex: "Are you looking for this...?"

Neptunio: "Huh...!?"

...EnCodex points above her, my steel sword was there, only it had a very ghastly appearance...

EnCodex: "Cracking Sequence Activate: Terminate"

...Suddenly the Sword regained its form and started heading towards me at an incredible speed...

I can't dodge it!

..STAB!

Neptunio: "Aghhh!!! AGhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...The sword gouged through my body. Pain assails my entire being as I see my own blood gushing out of my chest... Pain and Panic erodes my mind, I struggle as the sword that pierced through my body is lodge to the ground, keeping my body in the middle shaft of the sword... every single inch of movement was a painful, accompanied with the gush of blood it was like a fountain of pure red...

EnCodex: "Please... I don't want to see anyone in pain anymore..."

Neptunio: "Kh! Agh! Guhaa!!!"

...I keep struggling... I force myself upright as I try to pull the sword out of my chest... It's hard to breathe... It must have destroyed my lungs just now... My heart must have been crushed as well... EnCodex, she actually went and attempted to kill me... No... She's killed me already...