Suicidal

Evan sat across from Connor in the hospital. Zoe laid, unconscious, on a hospital bed between them. Her face was pale and her hair looked darker and there was an IV giving her blood. Evan sighed and tried not to look at he fresh white bandages on her wrists. How had he gotten into this mess?

Two Weeks Earlier

"Zoe come on! I need your computer I-." Connor walked into her room and saw her sitting on the edge of her bed with a bottle of pills in her hand.

"Oh my God! Zoe what are you doing!" Connor yelled. He ripped the bottle of pills out of her hand and her head snapped up.

"Connor no!" She yelled. Connor looked at the label and then at her.

"This has acetaminophen. It will kill you Zoe." Connor said. Zoe looked at him and Connor grabbed her phone off her desk.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm calling Evan."

"No! No Connor please! Please don't call Evan!" Zoe pleaded, but Connor already dialled the number.

"Hey babe what-"

"Evan." Connor said.

"Connor? What are you-"

"How quick can you get to my house?" Connor asked.

"Why what's wrong?" Evan asked.

"It's Zoe."

"Oh my God. Is she okay?" Evan asked.

"For now. But I think she needs you right now." Connor said. Zoe grabbed the phone and held it to her ear.

"Evan! Don't worry about it. I'm fine." Zoe said.

"I'm already in my car Zo. I'll be there in 5." Evan hung up and Zoe turned to her brother.

"Thanks. You completely stressed Evan out over nothing!" Zoe yelled.

"You thinking about killing yourself isn't nothing. Zoe what were you thinking?" Connor asked.

"It's not that big of a deal!" Zoe said. Connor looked at his baby sister when he heard the front door open.

"Zoe!" He heard someone yell.

"Lucky for you it's not Mom." Connor hissed. Evan was in her doorway moments later and he looked at his girlfriend.

"What's the matter?" He asked. Connor tossed the pill bottle to Evan who looked from the bottle to Zoe to Connor and back to the bottle.

"Zoe. What is this about?" Evan asked.

"Nothing I'm f-fine." Zoe's voice faltered and Evan tossed the bottle back to Connor. He walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay. I'm not mad. I'm not upset. I just need to know what's going on." Evan said.

"I c-can't do it!" Zoe sobbed. Connor sat in her desk chair and Evan tightened his hold on her.

"Shh. Deep breaths baby. What can't you do?" Evan soothed.

"This! I d-don't want t-to!" Zoe said through tears.

"What? What don't you want to do?" Evan asked.

"I don't want to be here anymore!" Zoe screamed. She broke out of Evan's hold and walked towards the window.

"Zoe. Just take a deep breath." Evan said gently. He sat on her bed and Zoe eventually walked towards Evan and sat beside him, allowing him to pull her into his arms and talk her down from what had just happened. Connor left to give the two of them some time.