Chilltober 3: stars

Zoe shivered as Evan pulled her closer to him.

"Evan I'm cold." She whined. Evan chuckled as Mallory looked at her mother.

"Mommy shush. It'll be worth it." She said. Zoe smiled and Evan wrapped a blanket around her shoulders.

"I can't believe Tia's missing this!" Mallory said as she gazed up at the stars.

"I know but she's too little to understand right now." Evan reminded her. Mallory shrugged and laid back in the grass.

"Daddy look!" She called. Evan looked up at where she was pointing and smiled.

"Which one is that one Mal?" Evan asked.

"Big Dipper?" Mallory asked. Evan nodded.

"Well done. And can you see the Little Dipper?" Evan asked.

"I found it!" Mallory said excitedly. Zoe smiled at her star obsessed daughter and looked up.

"Okay Mal, I think it's starting." Zoe said, laying beside her daughter.

Mallory looked up and gasped. Stars were shooting across the sky, leaving nothingness behind them.

"Make a wish Mal." Zoe whispered.

"What?" Mallory asked.

"If you make a wish on a shooting star, it'll come true." Evan said.

"I wish for a baby brother." Mallory whispered. Zoe smiled and put a hand on her slightly swollen stomach.

"A brother huh?" Evan asked. Mallory nodded.

"I love Tia but I want a brother." Mallory said, not taking her eyes off the stars. Evan looked at Zoe and smiled.

"What would you name your brother?" Zoe asked.

Mallory was quiet for a moment.

"Oliver." She said. Zoe smiled.

"That's a good name." Zoe said.

"What about if it's another girl?" Evan asked.

"Luna." Mallory said. Zoe smiled.

"You're good at picking names Mal." Zoe said.

"Thanks mama."