Chilltober 31: Halloween

"Mommy! Come on!" Mallory whined. Zoe smiled and adjusted Evan's costume slightly. 

Zoe had decided that the entire family was taking on a Frozen theme for costumes. Mallory was Elsa, Zoe was Anna, Evan was Kristoff, and Tia had a tiny Olaf costume on.

"Mallory baby, you've got to be patient." Zoe reminded her.

"But I'm ready to go!" Mallory whined.

"I understand that, but Tia, Mommy, and Daddy aren't ready." Zoe gently reminded her. Mallory groaned as Zoe fiddled around with the stroller and the diaper bag.

"8:30." Zoe said.

"9:00." Evan said.

"8:15." Zoe said.

"8:45." Evan replied. Zoe looked at Mallory who was lying on her back on the floor.

"8:30." Zoe said. 

"Zoe, come on." Evan said.

"It is 6:30. She has to go to school tomorrow and she's going to want to stay up when she comes back. Two hours of trick or treating is more than enough for a five year old." Zoe said. Evan stuck out his bottom lip in a fake pout.

"You're no fun." He whined. Zoe stood on her tiptoes and kissed him.

"She's five. 8:30 is late enough." Zoe said. Evan kissed her.

"I suppose you could possibly be correct." He said.

"Mommy! Stop kissing Daddy and let's go! All the candy will be gone!" Mallory whined. Zoe laughed and kissed Evan once more.

"Okay Your Majesty, get your royal rain boots on, and let's go get you some candy." 

Mallory jumped up and ran over to the door as fast as could. Finally she was getting candy.

+++

"Do we have to go back?" Mallory asked, holding tightly to Evan's hand.

"It's getting pretty late Mal. Mommy wants us home by 8:30. This is the last house, okay?" Evan explained. 

Mallory nodded and took the bucket from Evan as she ran up the porch to the house next door to hers. She rang the doorbell and bounced on her toes as she waited. 

The door opened and an older woman gasped.

"Oh my goodness! Earl! Get the candy! We have ourselves a royal guest." She called. An older man came to the door with a large bowl of candy and Mallory smiled sweetly. 

"My goodness Mallory, don't you look stunning in your pretty dress!" The lady said. She grabbed a large handful of candy and put it in Mallory's bucket.

"Thank you!" Mallory said happily and she walked down the stairs.

Evan waved to the older couple as Mallory ran across the lawn and up her porch stairs. She rang the doorbell and Zoe opened the door with a smile.

"My goodness, look at you! You look just like my daughter!" Zoe joked. Mallory laughed as Evan walked up behind her.

"How was trick or treating Mallory?' Zoe asked, letting them inside the house.

"So good! Look how much I got!" Mallory said, showing Zoe the bag that Evan had been carrying.

"My goodness you lucky girl!" Zoe said. She grabbed a makeup wipe and pulled Mallory towards her.

"Let's get this makeup off." She said.

She started wiping the makeup off and Mallory glanced at her treat bag.

"Can I have a treat before bed?" Mallory asked. Zoe kissed her forehead and nodded.

"Only if Mommy gets one too." Zoe said. Mallory ran towards her treat bag and Zoe smiled as Evan sat beside her, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

well this brings Chilltober to a close!

As fun as this was, it was also incredibly stressful because of university and midterms, we'll have to see if this becomes a yearly thing.

buuuut it's now November so that means Christmas in Cincinnati starts in ONE MONTH! In one month from today, the first Christmas chapter will be released!

I'm hoping to prewrite a bunch in November so they're all a good length instead of the one to two pages that these have all been.

Anyway, I had lots of fun and I hope you enjoyed these shots!

See y'all at the next one!

Sophie