Chilltober 20: Mitts

The snow was back. Zoe was incredibly unimpressed.

"It is October 20th. It is too soon for snow." Zoe snapped. Evan chuckled and hugged her from behind.

"Mommy, can we go to the park?" Mallory asked. Zoe looked at the dusting of snow on the ground and shook her head.

"Too snowy for the park. Why don't we go get your costume today instead?" Zoe asked. Mallory smiled and Evan picked up Tia from the bassinet in the living room.

"Get your hat and mitts too Mallory!" Zoe called

"But Mommy, we're just going to the costume store." Mallory protested.

"Yeah, but it's cold and you need to stay warm." Zoe said.

"Alrighty Mal, I will see you when you get back and you can show me your costume!" Evan said excitedly. Mallory hugged her father goodbye and Zoe put her hat on her head. 

"Mittens Mallory, come on." Zoe said, pulling her coat and boots on.

Mallory sighed and pulled on her tiny mittens and followed Zoe out the door.

+++

A few hours later Mallory walked downstairs in a shimmering blue Elsa dress. 

"Oh my goodness Mallory you look just like Elsa!" Evan said, smiling. Mallory beamed at him and Zoe fixed the wig carefully.

"You are going to be the prettiest princess on Halloween." Zoe said smiling.

"Elsa's the queen Mommy." Mallory whined.

"Sorry, the prettiest queen."