Wedding (10k shot)

Connecting with Christmas in Cincinnati

"Zoe! Let's go! We're going to be late!" Alana yelled. Zoe sighed and walked downstairs.

"Alana, the wedding isn't until 4. It's 9 am!" Zoe said.

"You need to do hair, makeup, nails, dress, photos, and that's before we have to get there!" Alana said. Zoe groaned.

"Why so much? Don't we have to have photos onsite? After the ceremony?" Zoe asked.

"Well yeah-"

"And isn't my dress already there?" Zoe asked. Alana nodded.

"Your logic is flawed babe. Sorry." Zoe said. Alana sighed.

"Fine. You're right." Alana said. Zoe smiled.

"You still need hair, makeup, and nails done. You haven't completely won this Murphy." Alana said. Zoe pouted and there was a knock at the door. Alana opened it and Meredith walked in.

"Oh Zoe! Today's the day!" She said happily. Zoe smiled.

"Let's hope you don't go into labour while I'm saying my vows." Zoe said, putting her hand on Meredith's baby bump.

Meredith and Connor had found out shortly after Christmas that Meredith was pregnant. She was almost 8 and a half months pregnant and this was the last flight she'd be allowed to take.

"That would be something else." Meredith said laughing.

"I'm excited to be an aunt but maybe not today." Zoe said as if she was talking to a baby. She smiled and Alana forced her to sit in one of the chairs.

"Zoe, you need your hair done. Now sit and stay while I do your hair." Alana said. Zoe smiled and Meredith grabbed Zoe's makeup bag.

"I've got her makeup Alana." She said. Alana smiled.

"Perfect, this will be done in half the time!" She said happily. Meredith smiled and started doing Zoe's eye makeup.

"You're going to look like a queen when we're done." Alana said.

Zoe smiled as Alana started the slow process of curling her hair.

+++

Almost two hours later, Zoe's hair and makeup were done. She opened her eyes and saw Cynthia in the doorway.

"And there's my baby girl! Oh honey, you look so beautiful!" She said. Zoe smiled. Cynthia wiped her eyes and Zoe looked at her.

"Mom, don't you start crying, or else I'll start crying and I'll ruin Meredith's masterpiece." Zoe said

"If you ruin it, I'm not redoing it." Meredith said. Cynthia hugged her daughter.

"You look beautiful sweetheart." Cynthia whispered.

"Thanks Mama." Zoe said. Cynthia kissed the top of Zoe's head before smiling again.

"I'm going to find your father." She said.

"Okay! The dress and the shoes are on site already and your nails are getting done here at 11:30. So it looks like we've got time to kill!" Alana said. Zoe looked at her phone. It was almost 11.

"And you were rushing everyone." Zoe said. Alana sighed and smiled.

"Well, would you rather have extra time and look absolutely flawless, or be rushed and not look as flawless?" Alana asked.

"Alana, everyone knows that Zoe could wear a trash bag down the aisle and have no makeup, and messy hair and Evan would still think she looked stunning." Meredith said. Zoe smiled and blushed.