Chilltober 5: Overgrown

Zoe walked down the sidewalk pushing Tia's stroller in front of her.

"Come on Mallory, Halyn and her mom won't wait forever." Zoe said.

"I'm coming!" Mallory called. She skipped behind her mother tossing in the occasional twirl. She came to an abrupt stop.

"Mommy what's that?" She asked. Zoe stopped and looked where Mallory pointed.

"A house. It's a house Mallory." Zoe said.

The house was old and completely covered in overgrown ivy. The garden was overgrown and full of weeds and the lawn hasn't been mowed in ages

"Let's go Mal. Someone probably lives here and doesn't want us staring at their house." Zoe said, starting to walk again. Mallory stood still and unmoving.

"Mallory! Let's go!" Zoe called. Mallory shook her head and ran to catch up with her mother.

"I'm pretty sure a ghost lives there Mama." Mallory explained.

"I don't think so baby." Zoe laughed.

"But why is it all leafy?" Mallory asked.

"Because somethings grow very fast and sometimes it's hard for people to keep them cleaned up." Zoe explained.

"A ghost would make more sense. It is almost Halloween." Mallory reasoned. Zoe laughed loudly and stopped. She pulled her little girl close and hugged her tightly.

"What did I do to deserve the two most perfect daughters?" She gushed. Mallory laughed as she put her down.

"Come on Mommy! Halyn is waiting!" Mallory cheered.

(Incredibly short but it is 5 am and I passed out at 9:00 so here you go....? It's not great ngl)