Chilltober 4: Freeze

(does anyone else see a theme lol? i promise it'll get different soon this one also sucks oops)

"Mallory! Come on pumpkin, you'll be late!" Zoe called. Tia began to fuss and Zoe picked up her newborn and tucked her into the baby sling around her shoulder.

"Mallory!" Zoe called again. She heard Evan coming downstairs and she continued to make Mallory's lunch.

"Alright baby, I'm heading out." Evan said. Zoe sighed and stopped for a second before turning to face her husband.

"What time are you getting home?" Zoe asked. Evan looked at his phone.

"Probably around 5?" Evan guessed.

"Is there anyway that you can get off earlier and get Mallory from school?" Zoe asked.

"I don't know, why?" Evan asked.

"T has her one month checkup at 3:00." Zoe reminded.

"That's today?" Evan asked, pulling out his phone and checking his schedule.

"Yes. This was the only day that Doctor Hunter could see us in the next week and a half and it's an important appointment." Zoe explained.

"Damn it, I've got patients booked until 4:00." Evan said. Zoe sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Damn it. I'll message Alana." Zoe sighed.

"Zoe-"

"It's okay! You're working!" Zoe said, turning to go back to Mallory's lunch. Evan sighed and came up behind her, kissing her shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby." He whispered. Zoe sighed and turned around.

"I'm not mad. I'm just worried about what we're going to do if Alana or Jared can't get her." Zoe said.

"I can get Daniel to get her and bring her to my office." Evan suggested.

"That's true." But that's Plan C. Now can you please go get your daughter and bring her down before she misses her bus." Zoe asked. Evan laughed and ran upstairs.

"Mal! Let's go!" Evan said. He walked into Mallory's room and saw her sitting on her bed in a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Mallory! Let's go! Mommy is waiting!" Evan said. Mallory sighed and walked downstairs.

"Here I am Mommy." Mallory sighed.

"Mallory, honey you can't wear that, you'll freeze if you wear that. Let's go change." Zoe said.

"But Mommy I don't wanna." Mallory whined.

"It's fall Mallory. Time for pants and coats." Zoe said. Mallory stomped upstairs and Zoe sighed as Evan kissed her forehead.

"Good luck my love." He whispered. Zoe sighed. It was going to be a long day.

A/N: there will be an extension on this one shot later❤️