Chilltober 11: Tea

Zoe blew her nose and sighed. She heard Evan walking upstairs and sighed.

"Baby, are you okay?" Evan asked, poking his head into their room. Zoe blew her nose again and whimpered.

"I'm sick. I feel like I'm dying. I can't get the girls sick. Baby what do I do?" Zoe whined.

Evan sighed and sat beside her, pulling her into his arms.

"Baby, I can't get you sick." Zoe moaned. Evan kissed her forehead.

"Zo, I'll be fine. Now, I'm going to call the studio, and tell them what's going on." Evan said walking to the hall. 

"Evan, what about the girls?" Zoe said, crawling to the end of the bed.

"Zo, I got the girls for one day. Mal is on the bus to school and Tia is a month old and sleeps three times a day. And when she sleeps, I can nurse my stunning wife back to health." Evan said, before gently kissing Zoe's head and walking into the hall.

+++

"Here you go, love, some nice, hot, chai tea." Evan said, handing Zoe her lavender mug. Zoe smiled and took a drink of her tea and Evan sat beside her, pulling her into his arms.

"Tia just went down, Mallory doesn't need to be picked up for hours, and you are in bed with your tea." Evan said.

"Tia's down? But it's late." Zoe said, looking at the clock.

"No, it's 10:30." Evan said.

"Yeah, her first nap is at 10, then one at 1, and then one at 4:30." Zoe said. Evan sighed and hugged Zoe.

"I'm sorry." Evan said.

"It's okay. Her afternoon nap will just be a little later." Zoe said. She took a drink of her tea and curled up next to Evan.

"Thank you for staying home with me." Zoe whispered.

"Anything for my girl." Evan said, playing with her hair.

"I love you." Zoe said, leaning into his touch."

"I love you." Evan said, kissing Zoe's temple.

"Can we watch Disney movies?" Zoe asked. Evan chuckled and nodded.

"Of course baby."