Chilltober 25: Blood

not related to past one shots

Zoe's lungs were on fire. She had been sprinting down the road for minutes after getting a call from Evan.

The tone of his voice was enough to send her spiralling into panic, but his words made everything worse.

"Zo... Zoe come quick. I need... I need your help."

That was it. That was all he had said before Zoe had started sprinting down Dundas Street. She was running down Evan's street. 

She skidded to a stop outside his house. What had happened? She was almost too afraid to go inside. She walked up his front steps when she saw the door handle. It was covered in someone's blood and the door was slightly open. 

Zoe pushed the door open with her shoe before looking inside. 

The front hall was a disaster. Everything was knocked or tipped over and there seemed to be blood on everything.

"Evan?" Zoe called. She walked through the main level of the house and after finding nothing, she walked up the bloody stairs. She heard a strained cough and ran upstairs and towards Evan's bedroom. 

"Evan!" Zoe gasped. She opened the door and saw Evan propped against his bed, in a pool of his own blood. He looked at her and reached for her.

"Evan, who did this to you? Talk to me baby, what happened?" Zoe asked. Evan pointed behind her and collapsed into her arms. 

The last thing Zoe saw, was a man in a black hoodie with a large knife in his hand.