See You Again

"Okay sweetheart, I'm gonna give you this carpet. And you're going to walk up all those stairs and my friend Amy is gonna help you out okay?" Zoe said.

The little girl in front of her nodded and Zoe finished rolling the carpet up and she passed it to her. She ran up the stairs and Zoe stuffed her freezing hands into her pockets. She looked up to the top of the slide and saw Amy point at her wrist. Zoe looked at her watch and groaned.

"It's only 7:30!" She yelled. She saw Amy groan and she laughed.

Their boss had decided to keep the park open in the evenings into November. Zoe would've quit but she needed the money. She watched as the little girl slid down the slide and she smiled.

"Awesome job sweetheart! Now you get one more ride? Do you wanna head back up the stairs?" Zoe asked. The little girl nodded and Zoe took the carpet from her. She quickly rolled it up and handed it back to the little girl. The girl ran up the steps and Zoe turned to the gate where she saw two boys who looked about 9 and 6.

"Hey you guys! Do you have wristbands or tickets?" Zoe asked. Both boys showed her their wristbands and Zoe smiled. She opened the gate and handed both of them a carpet.

"Just head on up those steps and my friend Amy will help you when you get up okay?" Zoe said. Both boys nodded and ran up the steps.

"You're really good at this huh?"

Zoe spun around and saw Evan leaning against the gate. She sighed and started to roll more of the carpets up.

"What are you doing here? We broke up. And that means you don't get to come visit me at work anymore." Zoe said. The boys came sliding down and they ran over to Zoe.

"You guys can head on up again if you want." Zoe said sweetly. Both boys looked at Evan.

"Can we Evan!" The younger of the two asked. Evan nodded and both boys ran up the steps again.

"Who are they?" Zoe asked.

"My step brothers. My dad finally told them about me I guess." Evan said. Zoe looked at him.

"How old are they?" Zoe asked.

"Will is 6 and Jackson is 9." Evan said. Zoe nodded and her boss walked by.

"Hey, we're closing early okay Zo? Cold warning. Start shutting down okay?" He said.

"Okay sounds good John." Zoe said. Both boys came off the slide and held their carpets out.

"Guys, Zoe's closing up. Can you two help her?" Evan asked.

"Can you guys just put your carpets in the bin?" Zoe asked. Both boys did as they were asked and Zoe snapped the lid on.

"Amy! We're closing up!" Zoe yelled. She saw Amy fist bump the air and she came sliding down the slide.

"Thank God! Ooh Zoe, who's this?" Amy asked.

"This is Evan. He's an old friend." Zoe said. Amy smiled.

"I'll take the bin back to the chalet if you take the fire extinguisher and the chair?" Amy asked.

"Sure. Thank you!" Zoe said.

Amy blew her a kiss and picked up the bin. Zoe opened the gate and Amy walked out. Zoe laughed as she heard Amy yelling the words to 'Let It Go' and she turned to Evan.

"Sorry, I've got to start cleaning up. But you're welcome to walk to the chalet with me if you want." Zoe said.

"Sure. Sounds fun." Evan said.