Chilltober 14: sleep

Zoe couldn't sleep.

Evan was fast asleep beside her and had been for hours.

Thoughts were running rampant through her brain and the baby had been moving around and kicking nonstop. Zoe softly groaned before pulling the covers back and getting out of bed.

She quietly padded down the hall and quietly opened the door to Tia's room.

The small girl was fast asleep in her crib with a purple soother in her mouth. Her blanket had been kicked down around her feet and Zoe quietly walked in and fixed the blanket, having it cover Tia's body.

She looked at her smallest daughter and sighed. Soon she'd have two kids under two. She took a deep breath before walking out of Tia's room and into Mallory's room.

Mallory's room was one of Zoe's favourite rooms in the house. She'd designed it herself and it perfectly embodied Mallory's personality.

The baby pink walls were semi flooded with a warm golden light coming from Mallory's nightlight.

Mallory was sound asleep in her bed and Zoe smiled lightly.  She adjusted Mallory's comforter and gently kissed her forehead before walking back to her room.

"Where'd you go?" Evan mumbled as Zoe climbed back into bed.

"To check on the girls." Zoe said simply.

"Are they okay?" Evan asked, wrapping an arm around Zoe.

"They're both sound asleep." Zoe whispered as Evan pulled her to his chest.

"Now it's time for you to be asleep too." Evan muttered. He pressed a kiss to Zoe's forehead and Zoe slowly fell asleep.