Puppy

Something neeeewwww! My first Evan x Connor one shot! It's a little bit on the shorter side though. Requested by Ayrissa_Christensen !

"Connor!" Evan called.

"What?" Connor yelled back. Evan walked into the living room and saw his boyfriend sitting on the couch with a book in his hands.

"Can we get a dog?" Evan asked.

"What? Why?" Connor asked, not looking up from his book.

"Because! Dogs are the best." Evan said.

"I don't like dogs." Connor said.

Evan's jaw dropped.

"How? How do you not like dogs?" Evan asked. He was appalled.

"I just don't really like them. They're loud and they constantly need attention. They remind me of Zoe." Connor said.

"Why do they remind you of-"

"Loud. Constantly needs attention. It's like my sister in animal form." Connor said. Evan smiled. Zoe was the more outgoing of the two Murphy's.

"Come on Connor please!" Evan begged.

"No. I don't like dogs." Connor said again. Evan frowned.

"You're no fun." Evan said, walking away.

"Love you too Evan." Connor called. Evan sighed and walked back to his room. When he got there he pulled out is laptop and opened up google.

"Puppies for adoption." He muttered. Websites popped up very quickly. Evan clicked on the first one and smiled. He was positive that if he got a dog, Connor would love it. And if he didn't, Zoe really wanted a dog too.

There were rows of puppies for adoption, but the one that caught his eye was a Bernese mountain dog puppy. The puppy was a year old and her name was Banjo. She'd been in the shelter for almost 6 months.

Evan grabbed his jacket and ran downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked as Evan was pulling his shoes on.

"I'm just picking something up! I'll be back soon!" Evan yelled before running out the door.

+++

"Connor! Come here!" Evan called. He put the bag full of dog stuff down and picked up the small puppy. Connor walked down the hall and his eyes widened when he saw Evan.

"What is that?" Connor asked.

"It's a puppy! Her name is Banjo! She's ours!" Evan said. Connor looked at the dog and then at Evan.

"What do you mean she's ours?" Connor asked.

"She belongs to us. I adopted her." Evan said.

"So after I said no, you went and got one?" Connor asked.

"Are you mad?" Evan asked. Connor got closer and Banjo licked Connor's nose. Connor smiled and patted the dogs head.

"No. Not mad at all."