Chilltober 21: Rain

As quickly as the snow had come it was gone. When Mallory woke up on Monday morning, there was a steady rain. She frowned as her mother walked into the room.

"My goodness, someone is not happy to see her mother." Zoe commented, walking to Mallory's drawers.

"Its raining Mommy." Mallory pointed out.

"It is, isn't it? Better wear your rain boots and bring some extra socks. Let's see if I can find some warmer clothes." Zoe muttered.

"But there was snow yesterday!" Mallory whined. Zoe sighed and pulled an outfit for Mallory out of the dresser.

"Get dressed quickly sweetheart, Daddy's going to give you a ride and he has to leave soon." Zoe said before leaving. Mallory groaned and pulled her pyjamas off before pulling on her purple long sleeve t shirt and her overalls. She walked downstairs and frowned. No one was downstairs to make her breakfast.

"Mommy!" Mallory yelled. There was no response and Mallory stomped upstairs and looked in Tia's room. Tia was still in her crib. 

"Mommy!" Mallory called. She stopped outside her parents door and heard Zoe squealing.

"Evan!"

Mallory walked in and saw her father with her mother over his shoulder.

"Mommy, you said go fast and I just want some breakfast." Mallory said monotonously. Zoe sighed and squirmed in Evan's arms.

"Oh I don't think so. Why let go of one treasure, when I can have two!" Evan yelled. He lunged and scooped Mallory up, tucking her under his arm.

"Daddy!" Mallory shrieked.

"Perfect, now I can go feed my two treasures to the beast in the kitchen." Evan laughed before walking downstairs. 

Mallory laughed and sighed. Maybe if she didn't say anything, she wouldn't have to go outside with all the wet fallen leaves. Maybe she'd get to spend the day with both of her parents. Zoe looked at her phone and tapped Evan's back.

"Our daughter needs to go to school and she hasn't eaten yet." Zoe said. Mallory groaned and frowned. 

"So close." She thought.