Praying

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 2K! OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOU GUYS! Okay, now oneshot!

**WARNING: mentions and attempts of suicide**

"Evan you need to call me back. Baby where are you? I'm getting worried."

That was the sixth voicemail Zoe had left. Evan had left at lunch, saying he needed some space. It was the end of the day and Zoe hadn't seen him.

"'Lana. Have you seen-"

"Evan? No. Did you try-"

"Calling him? Yes. Six times. Do you think he's at the-"

"Park! Maybe! Do you want me to-"

"Drive? Yes please." Zoe said.

Alana took Zoe's hand and the two of them ran towards Zoe's Jeep. Zoe climbed into the passenger side and tossed Alana the keys. Alana started the car and pulled out of the parking lot, racing towards the park.

+++

"Alana he's not answering." Zoe said, hanging up the phone for the ninth time.

Alana pulled into a parking spot outside the orchard and Zoe got out of the car before Alana had a chance to turn the engine off. Zoe dialled Evan's number again and ran at top speed into the park. She looked around before spotting Evan at least halfway up one of the tallest trees there.

"Evan!" She shouted.

Evan looked at her. She watched as something clicked. She saw him let go of the branch and she screamed. Evan came hurtling towards the ground and landed with a sickening thud on the ground.

"Evan no!" Zoe screamed. She towards him and dropped beside him.

"Baby. Oh baby no. No no no stay with me!" Zoe sobbed. She grabbed Evan's hand as Alana ran beside her.

"Alana call 9-1-1. Call. Now!" Zoe said. Alana dialled the number and Zoe looked at Evan. He wasn't moving and he was barely breathing. She checked for a pulse and Alana hung up.

"Paramedics are on their way. Is there a pulse?" Alana asked.

"A weak one. It's barely there. Alana I don't know if he's gonna-"

"Shush. Zoe Murphy don't you dare talk like that." Alana scolded. Zoe looked up at saw two paramedics running towards them. They gently loaded Evan onto a gurney.

"Okay, are either of you two immediate family?" One asked.

"No but-"

"I'm sorry miss. Only immediate family in the ambulance. Is he allergic to anything or is he on any medication?" The paramedic asked.

"Um, he takes antidepressants and there's medication to help with his anxiety." Zoe said.

Alana grabbed her hand and the pair of them followed the paramedics out of the empty park.

"It's okay love. Come on, I'll drive you to the hospital." Alana said. Zoe climbed into the passengers seat and buckled her seatbelt. She pulled her knees up to her chest as Alana pulled away from the park.

+++

"Hi how can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm looking for Evan Hansen." Zoe said. The receptionist typed some things into her computer and looked at the screen.

"He's in Room 331." The receptionist said. Zoe took Alana's hand and ran towards the elevator. She pressed the button impatiently and Alana looked at her.