9. A house on the hills

"Taeil, you shouldn't be keeping secfets ffom me I'm youf best ffiend since kindefgaften," said Jae.

Taeil opened his mouth then closed it again.

"I... My mind is playing crazy with me but it's just a phase it will go," muttered Taeil.

"What do you mean?"

"Me and Lauren we need a break I must think about it," Taeil started to bite the edge of his sleeve what was a very bad sign.

"Abut who? You loved hef fefevef," said Jae.

"I did, but it was easier to love her from afar, when she's mine... I don't know I have pictured it differently"

"Is thefe someone?" asked Jae

"No, there's no one do you see me me with anyone!" Taeil raised his voice slamming the menu shut.

Some guests turned their way.

"Is it because of hef and Yuta still being in touch?" asked Jae.

"Are they?" Taeil's jaw dropped.

"Sicheng says they afe, and Yuta is planning to go to hef pfemief in thfee weeks," muttered Jae.

Taeil let all the air out swiftly, his face became very red.

"You can still go, buy some pfetty flowefs, make it a nice day fof hef, she's definitely waiting fof you to come," said Jae.

"I'll leave this job to Yuta," muttered Taeil darkly his hands trembling on the menu.

"Why?" asked Jae stunned.

"I don't want to talk about it," muttered Taeil.

Jae was watching his friend with his mouth open it was the first time Taeil was acting so strangely, what was so difficult he couldn't talk about it?

Because Taeil was too miserable to be with Jae asked Mark to set off for tour two days earlier. He was happy when he was far away from the city he grew up in, as he was missing Taeyong so much and moving, acting stopped him from thinking about it.

They began the American leg of the tour so they stopped in LA for two nights renting a villa in the hills just for the two of them. Jae wanted to listen to the album as Mark had 11 songs ready including the one with Taeil.

He also decided to talk to the boy hopefully beg him to calm down a little so he won't be arrested again. Jae didn't need anymore trouble.

They were spending the evening in the house drinking wine listening to the song that were talking about love, sex, inspiration, music, yes Mark had really grown up, he was a man you could spend some guys time with.

Jae remembered him as the sweet junior who had been admiring Taeyong, writing his first raps, doing his school president campaign which he had won, experiencing his first love during a summer camp, being shuttered after the break up, looking for himself, signing a bad contract with a company that forced him to diss Taeyong, risking his career signing with SJ Music but being amazing enough to allow Jae and Sicheng build their company on his music. Yes Mark was the reason why Jae was a successful manager and producer, Jae knew why it was so difficult to find a rookie who will be good enough to walk into Mark's footsteps.

Mark was inspiring for Jae, all his youth the energy, the will to try out new things to become the best he could, he was also one of the most hard working people Jae has ever met, he could tell Mark how much he admired him really.

"What about your music?" asked Mark when his new album was replaying itself in the player for the third time and the wine bottle was nearly empty, Jae's belly in a nice relaxed state.

"I have a comeback song but I guess it will nevef happen," Jae leaned his head against the pillows of the purple couch they were sitting at, the city lights were glittering through the huge windows on the other side of the room.

"Why?" asked Mark spilling the rest of the wine into Jae's glass.

"Because I'll nevef be able to shoot the video," Jae shook his head.

"Why?" Mark giggled.

"You see I want it to be naughty feally sexual, I think it's time to explofe this side of me in my music. I know it's nothing new but I have this vision, me and Taeyong naked, the diffefent lights painting on ouf skin while we're pfetending to make love and afe Ffench kissing," Jae smiled to his thoughts.

Yes French kissing Taeyong, how much he wished he could heave it again here and now.

"So you want some soft gay porn video?" asked Mark.

"Kind of but vefy aftistic," Jae grinned. "The pfoblem is I have absolutely no coufage to tell Teayong you know he's the only one I want to touch this way."

"Taeyong will agree," said Mark. "He'd do everything for you."

"Nah he will be upset with me, tell me I want to fuin his clean image, of spoil something in his cafeef he has too much to lose," Jae sighed.

"You'll never know until you ask him, as I know Taeyong he will agree, he definitely wouldn't want it to be anyone else touching you in that video," Mark raised his brows.

"What abut you? Who's finding Nemo in the dafkness?" asked Jae.

"Ah, it's just a song," Mark shrugged.

"I don't believe an enefgetic boy like you isn't in love at lest ffom time to time."

"Just one night stands, I don't like it either," Mark lowered his head. "I had just two in my life but both sucked, I'm done with sex so far."

"Because you'fe not doing it with the fight people."

Thank you so much for all the love for this story

Do you like the chapter? What do you think about Taeil's struggles, what's going on with him? How do you like Jae's conversation with Mark?

Much <3