58. Running

Jae looked at Lauren who turned around swiftly running in a different direction than Yuta disappearing quickly.

"Wait he's her ex right?" asked Taeil's sister.

"Yes," Jae trembled.

Have these two been playing fool with their feelings for so many years was it really that Yuta and Lauren couldn't ever love anyone else, that they were meant to be.

"I'll go to find my parents my father had a crazy idea to kidnap a taxi and drive it around," Taeil's sister shook her head miserably then left quickly.

Jae decided to look for Sicheng and Renjun as he didn't want Yuta to spend time with his kid but someone entered the lobby and Jae turned around to recognize this person, his brown hair in all directions the white t-shirt sweaty the very small feet drowning in too big slippers.

"Do you have some painkillers?" asked Taeil with a very tried voice.

"I'll look for it sir," muttered the receptionist while Jae approached his friend cautiously till Taeil focused his attention on him, his gaze a little distant some dark shadows underneath his eyes.

"Afe you hangovef?" asked Jae.

"Hi Jae, Taeil sighed. Just a little," he said.

"Why?" Jae was watching the boy in shock.

His guests were here there was a huge party planned on the next day and a welcome dinner tonight but Taeil looked like a ruin.

"I drank too much," said Taeil.

"But why?" Jae became so frustrated.

"You're getting engaged once it's a freaking happy occasion right?" hissed Taeil.

"If you don't want to get engaged why afe you doing it?" asked Jae raising his voice but Taeil's face became so pale it seemed he will faint any second when he was looking at something behind Jae's back.

Jae turned his head all his insides twisting when he saw Mark who had stopped in the lobby with his backpack watching Taeil in an equally strange way.

"Mafk?" asked Jae.

"Oh hi," Mark blinked noticing him.

"Pain killers and a vodka bottle, no two bottles into my room right now ok," said Taeil turning around abruptly.

He left so quckly Jae couldn't blink, so he turned to Mark.

"So Jae, how's Renjun," asked Mark faking a smile.

While Jae didn't know what to say as nothing was making sense anymore.

The air conditioning gave the inside of the big restaurant room a nicely cool temperature while all of the guests gathered around the long table for the welcome dinner. It was dark already, the nigh still very hot, but the atmosphere was icy. Ten and Rachel came the last both looking so tired that Jae pitied them, still Rachel tried to dress up nicely put red lipstick on to a lot of bracelets how she used to love to.

"How are the twins?" asked Taeyong stopping next to them. "Look over there the boy who's sitting with Sicheng it's my Renjun," Taeyong was so proud but Ten's face said no more children ever.

Renjun wanted to sit next to Sicheng so they let him Jae left Taeyong's side to take place next to Doyoung and Minju, both rather unhappy, Minju was crumbling the napkin in her hands when Doyoung was reading books on his phone as usually on parties.

Mark sat opposite the table to Jae he faked a big smile.

"The album is ready man once we're back you have to listen to it," he grinned wider.

"Sure," Jae saw Taeil's father coming in Taeil's family was very excited so Jae covered his face with the menu to not to get the man's attention he needed a calm night not one filled with crazy stories from their childhood.

Renjun and Sicheng were playing rock paper scissors Renjun winning when Yuta was watching both as if they had lost their minds he was sitting as far away from the two as possible. At the far end of the table Hansol and Johnny were making out with their girls causing Taeil's sister to eye them up with disgust.

Soon the waiters came with magnificent dishes when Lauren appeared in the restaurant, she was wearing a beautiful bright pink dress from a silky fabric, that made her look like a flower, her long hair was tight up while she was trying to put a scarf over her exposed shoulders but she dropped it on the floor. A moment later Yuta jumped up running there to collect it, he handed it to her what caused her to bush hard when Jae turned to Sicheng whose face became deeply purple from anger, he moved his chair even further from Yuta's chair clinging it to Renjun's one.

Yuta was blushing hard when he returned to his place while Lauren was fixing his scarf and hair.

"Welcome hello, good evening," said Lauren shyly stopping at the other end of the table while all conversations faded.

She was squeezing the silky scarf crumbling it in her fist how Minju was doing it with the napkin.

"Oh the twins are starting to crawl on their own, they will walk soon, I need to visit them," said Taeyong sitting next to Jae at the table.

"I'm not going thefe until they will be at least Junie's age," said Jae amused.

He turned his attention on Lauren who was trembling like in an icy wind.

"So... I'm so happy you are here to see our... ceremony... I need to apologize for Taeil he's not feeling right he... will be in a good form tomorrow but... he needed to skip the event tonight still... he's as happy as me to... welcome... you," Lauren's eyes fell on Yuta who lowered his head. "Please enjoy the meal," Lauren pointed at the table than sat down.

An awkward silence filled the room.

"The kid is sick I always knew he is weak not what his father," Mr. Moon's voice filled the restaurant causing Taeyong to cough loud.

Jae heard Yuta muttering "Really? Does she want this crazy grandpa as her father in law," under his breath.

"So let's eat, the food looks delicious Lauren," said Taeyong grabbing a big piece of pork on his plate.

The rest of the guests followed the atmosphere loosened up and Jae squeezed Taeyong's knee under the table telling him how much he admired him.

"Jae see the oyster is so funny!" shouted Renjun some time later when him and Sicheng were fighting with the shell trying to open it.

Lauren was sitting with hear head down playing with the fork in her vegetables not ready to eat while Mr. Moon was telling juicy stories from Taeil's childhood when his wife and daughter were trying to stop him.

Yuta was the first one to leave the room, he turned from the guests disappearing quickly causing both Lauren and Sicheng to look at each other like rivals.

Thank you for the amazing support I'm going back to my country from Seoul tomorrow so please pray for a safe trip back.

Do you like the chapter? What do you think about the drama? Why is Taeil acting so strange?

Much <3