67. A story after midnight

"So it was a very dark time in my life, a very difficult one. You remember that Yuta had thrown me against a wall that day and my spine was in a very bad state, dancing became impossible. I was afraid I'll loose everything - Yuta, my dream career. It came to the state when I was barely able to walk and then Kun came to me one day saying he had made an appointment for me with one of the best doctors in our city. But I had no money for the visit, but Kun and the group of elders he was helping were making a lot of street performances raising money saving so much I could pay three visits. He gave the money to me, during the day of the appointment he skipped all his lectures he simply went with me waited in the corridor. It felt good to have another person being beside me. The doctor told me my vertebrae was burst it needed special treatment. There was a threat I'll never dance again, he could treat it, but the cost was an insane amount of money I didn't have. Kun was doing a lot of charity performances for me, but we both knew it won't be enough. You all were mad at me then I was the bad person for sleeping with Taeil for ruining his relationship with Minju so I started to really on Kun's friendship I was so depressed, but there was no one else I could ask for help and then once day, when I was limping back to my campus building I saw Yuta waiting in the alley. He apologized he said he will pay for my treatment he will pay no matter the cost because it's was all his fault. It turned out Kun had secretly went to him to tell him to act like a man should, and Yuta did. I didn't want to take the money from Yuta, but it was my only chance to dance again. That night I really thought he will come back to me when he was kissing me in the moonlight, sorry... I... it seemed like a fairy tale, it's like an illusion when Yuta is around me... yes and Kun was there for me when no one else was so I can't just let him rot in prison here no matter what he did to you and all of us" said Lauren.

Jae was so stunned. Yes the two faced Kun appeared again, and Yuta has always been helping Lauren from the distance, all the time. How many times has he reached out his helping hand for her when she was all alone in London.

Taeyong's words about Yuta loving both equally came back, was it really possible he was madly in love with Lauren and Sicheng trying to separate them while keeping his helping hand a care above them both.

"Maybe you should talk to Yuta, ask, maybe therfe's a chance," whispered Jae.

"Oh no I.. I really should stop thinking about him," Lauren washed her tears off. "And you should go to Taeyong while I should find my disloyal future husband," she spat the last words our bitterly.

"Ok," Jae lowered his head, they got up walking into the night being quiet till they saw the main building Jae stopping turning to Lauren.

"Jae," Lauren stopped. "Do you think I'll have a glimmer of chance with Yuta?" she asked her eyes lighting up.

"I... maybe," he said.

Her face lit up.

"Yes, you're right I should talk to him."

She quickened her steps so he needed to hurry behind her both racing to the lobby to see Sicheng who was standing in the middle of it holding a vey tired and cried out Renjun in his arms.

"Do you think we will ever find Jae?" asked Renjun lying his head on Sicheng's shoulder.

"Yes definitely," whispered the boy yawing.

Jae and Lauren stopped in the back door both a little shocked while Jae wondered why was Renjun up at that late hour.

"Sicheng!" Jae froze hearing Yuta's voice, the boy was wearing the same pajama Jae has seen him in when he had knocked to his door some hours ago.

"Yuta," said Sicheng his face lighting up.

"Baby go to sleep, you look so down," whispered Yuta walking to Sicheng kissing his lips gently.

"But we need to find Jae," requested Renjun.

"Maybe he's back he had woken me up two hours ago," said Yuta.

"You had seen Jae!" squeaked Renjun.

"Yes," Yuta took Sicheng's hand. "I love you," he whispered to the boy cuddling his nose to Sicheng's nose in loving way. "Besides, Taeyong told you to take care of Renjun and he's so tired, come we will sing him songs so he'll fall asleep," whispered Yuta pecking Sicheng's lips again.

"But I want to see Jae," Renjun cuddled into Dalli when Jae glanced at Lauren whose face was grey-pale when she was observing Yuta.

"I'll take a plane back," she said turning around leaving when Jae felt so much pain. He couldn't be even happy for Sicheng he was so torn.

It was like with Taeil and Mark meant to be but hopeless.

He walked to the boys feeling so broken.

"Oh here he is!" Yuta noticed him his glance an upset one.

"Jae!" shouted Renjun while Sicheng turned to him.

"Hi," Jae walked to them so Renjun jumped from Sicheng's hands in his arms.

"I'll take him to sleep," said Jae.

"Jae, Sicheng think Taeyong and Jae need talk, Renjun know Jae found so will sleep nice with Sicheng, ok?" asked Sicheng seriously.

"Oh!" Jae shivered. "Junie will you stay with Sicheng and pfomise me you will got to sleep fight away?" asked Jae.

"Yes but kiss daddy Tae ok? Don't shout at him," begged Renjun.

"Pfomise," Jae tapped the boy's nose with his fingertip while Renjun placed his hands on his face giving him a tears salty goodnight kiss.

"Thanks Sicheng," whispered Jae placing Renjun in the boy's arms.

"But Sicheng, you will sing!" demanded Renjun.

"Yes Sicheng will," Sicheng giggled when he walked off Renjun waving to Jae, Yuta hurried to hold the door open for them and somehow Jae couldn't even be mad at Yuta for taking care at his baby and Sicheng, even if he was heartbroken because of Lauren.

Thank you for all the support and feedback.

So what do you think about Lauren's story, what about Yuwin? What will Jae tell Taeyong?

Much <3