56. Honeymoon

"So we will meet Taeil and Lauren?" asked Renjun for the twentieth time when they were walking to a waiting car right after they had landed on the Maldives. Renjun was very excited but also very afraid during the flight, during each turbulence he was squeezing Jae's hand or cuddling to Taeyong but they had landed safely so he calmed down again.

They hoped the two days party will be nice, the ceremony was prepared in a private resort that had been exclusively booked for that occasion.

Now Taeyong was holding his hand while Jae was absolutely tried of Renjun's questions.

"Wow a real palm tree!" shouted Renjun letting go of his hand running to the nearest tree then hugging it. "Look Dalli a real one," he pressed the sheep's foot to the trunk.

"Hey guys pose for me!" said Taeyong taking his phone our so Renjun turned to them with a bright smile. Lately Taeyong had started to make a lot of photos of Renjun Dalli and Jae, causing the last one to be very frustrated. "Renjun come," said Taeyong stretching his hand out so the boy hooped to him telling him about the tree eagerly.

They reached the van where Jae closed his eyes lying his head on Taeyong's shoulder, he was so tired of constant noise, the bumpy plane ride the had to the island. Or was it just the bitter feeling this ceremony had? Jae had always supported Taeil and Lauren with all his heart as Taeil has been hopelessly in love since junior year high school, doing so many crazy mistakes to make Lauren his, but now when their fairy tale should finally have a happy end it didn't feel that way. Taeil was barely calling Jae hasn't seen him for long moths now he needed to admit he missed his lifetime friend, he was also mad at Taeil who hasn't told him or Doyoung about the engagement who never answered Jae's questions about his argument with Mark in the boy's grandparents' house. While Lauren yes she was telling Jae how happy she is yet she was writing letters to Yuta and Jae was pretty sure if Yuta would come to ask her to not to marry Taeil she would be the happiest ever. She was never uttering a world about it but Jae guessed she was still waiting for her ex to change his mind.

All of this made him so sad and tired he couldn't focus at the beautiful scenery or Renjun and Taeyong's happiness.

Taeyong wanted to stay a few days longer to spend some time with them only to show Renjun a lot of things including a boat trip and snorkeling, he wanted them to dive in some safe place to show the boy the colorful fish world under water.

Jae thought Renjun is way too young for it he had barely learnt how to swim, wasn't really good at it but Taeyong was positive as always.

Fortunately they reached the resort soon so he could concentrate on finding their way to the bungalow.

"Jae!" he heard his name the moment he left the car.

He turned around to see Lauren hurrying to them, she was smiling wide her long black hair flattering behind her in the wind.

Lauren was a very tiny but an extremely beautiful girl. She hasn't changed a bit since high school days, being as petite and fresh. She was wearing a very short dress with a lot of flounces.

"Laufen hi," Jae run to her when she needed to climb one the tips of her toes to hug him.

"I'm so happy you came it means so much for us," she said.

They had been friends for such a long time.

"Hi Taeyong," Lauren let go of Jae walking to Taeyong to shake his hand. "And this is Renjun, hi I'm Lauren," she turned to the boy who was hiding behind Taeyong's leg with Dalli watching her curiously.

"He's shy," giggled Taeyong.

"Oh he's so beautiful, he looks like both of you," Lauren waved to Renjun then told them to come in.

The resort workers hurried for their luggage when they entered a beautiful building with a big lounge and reception.

"I rented a bungalow with a beach and a small pier for you, so you'll have a nice private place," said  Lauren hurrying for their key. "I'll show you where it is, I'm so happy you came, I was afraid no one will come," she suddenly became sad.

"Afe the othefs hefe?" asked Jae.

"Not yet," she shook her head. "But they have a lot of reasons to not to come, but Ten and Reachel will come they had left the twins with Ten's mother," said Lauren.

Jae trembled, yes Doyoung and Minju would probably stay at home as Minju was Taeil's ex girlfriend and Yuta and Sicheng, yes the last people that should be here right, Mark wouldn't come either.

"Don't woffy if they won't come we'll make it as nice fof your as possible,' assured Jae.

"Jae you're the best," Lauren smiled again.

"Daddy Tae can we see the fish?" asked Renjun.

"Oh there's a huge aquarium next to the main ballroom it's this way," Lauren pointed towards a corridor. "Should I guide."

"Thanks we'll find it," Taeyong grinned taking Renjun to the corridor.

"Whefe's Taeil?" asked Jae.

"Oh... he was tired," Lauren became nervous. "I bet he's still sleeping he will come to say hi once he wakes up, he was working on songs till late at night," she blushed.

"Laufen what's up between you two?" asked Jae.

"We're getting officially engaged Jae, it's a big step in our relationship," Lauren avoided his gaze.

He couldn't believe it why were both unable to tell what's going on with them.

But the front door opened while a man came in.

"Father," Lauren left Jae then hurried to say hi.

Thank you so much for all the love and support, it means a lot

What do you think about Jaeyong's family coming for the engagement party? What are Lauren and Taeil hiding? Will the other gusts come?

Much <3