29. Cat and mouse game

They day went by too slow although they made a beautiful walk along the beach and Taeyong took him for supper to a five stars restaurant but Jae couldn't shut up about Renjun causing Taeyong to shake his head and laugh.

The mood was nice again but Jae woke up with the first dawn, he took a shower he even tried to read, to work on a new song, he called Doyoung waking him up to talk about the company's economics, fortunately Mark's latest scandals hasn't hurt it much but Doyoung was skeptical as always.

Jae had checked all news about Mark to find out Mark was behaving better lately, latest candids were showing him driving a sports car into the shopping area of Toronto with Taeil, Taeil said they will visit Mark's grandparents in Vancouver, he was very excited.

Yes Jae was happy but he couldn't focus on anything much as he was checking the time that went too slowly, soon Taeyong woke up joining him for breakfast. Taeyong was still amused but rather skeptical, as skeptical as Doyoung has been about the company what made Jae frustrated. He had placed Renjun's drawing on his bedside table so he could watch it from the bed but Taeyong was far from the hype. Still they set off around 7:30 reaching the orphanage at 8 a.m. soon Jae knocked to the office door loudly, he had filled in all forms but couldn't get Taeyong to put his signature on them yet.

"Oh it's you," the lady wasn't very happy to see him.

"I'm soffy fof being eafly," said Jae. "This is Taeyong he wants to see Fenjun fifst befofe he'll sign the papefs," said Jae.

The lady made a clouded face.

"I'm afraid it won't be possible," she said.

"What do you mean!" shouted Jae.

"Oh Renjun in in the hospital," said the lady causing all hair on Jae's skin to raise up.

"What! How! What happened!" he shouted while Taeyong tried to pull him back on the chair.

"Relax," he begged.

"He was feeling so bad at night he needed to be taken to the hospital I'm sorry sir," she said.

"Can I see him?" asked Jae his breath short.

"Oh that's not possible."

"What do you want! Money? I can pay anything just allow me to see him!" Jae was jumping up taking his wallet out spilling all cards on the table.

"Jae relax, the nice lady here will definitely help us to see Renjun right? I guess you can fill out a paper to allow us," Taeyong's voice was calm when he picked Jae's cards up placing them back in his wallet.

"Oh I don't think," she sat down sighing loud.

They were looking at her Jae's heart hammering so loud he thought it will explode.

"Oh ok, but Mr. Taeyong you need to sign the papers too," she said to Taeyong so he started to scribble his signatures on the papers while she put the facility's rubber stamp on it.

Taeyong shook her hand thanking a lot while Jae was trembling madly till she gave the the piece of paper to them.

"Tell them you're the adoptive parents ok," she begged. "I don't want any trouble with the curator."

"Sure thank you so much," Taeyong took the paper then helped Jae up.

They bowed down left outside when Jae inhaled sharply.

"Relax we will go and see what's up with him maybe it's a sick kid we never know," said Taeyong.

"No its not!" whispered Jae.

"We will find out just relax," Taeyong wanted to take the car keys from him but Jae refused, he drove down the road then into the city centre till he stopped the car in front of a shopping mall.

"That's not the hospital," said Taeyong.

"I need something," said Jae hurrying out.

Taeyong pulled the hood over his head when he joined him one the street, they walked into the small mall Jae leading till he found a toy shop, he hurried to it to the shelf with stuffed animals when Taeyong was observing him with this undecipherable smile.

"Maybe the big bear?" asked Taeyong showing a polar bear with a big red ribbon.

"No it... it needs to be... AH!" Jae cried out noticing a small sheep laying between the toys. "This," he said.

"Ok," Taeyong shrugged.

Jae ran to the cash register, payed for the sheep then returned to the car. Taeyong was recognized by two girls he signed they backpacks but begged for no photos, he joined Jae shortly.

"So let's go," he said putting Mark's news CD up in the car player.

Jae couldn't relax he was driving carefully as his mind was very crowded but finally they found the hospital building, it was hard to get an empty park spot once they did Jae stormed the reception Taeyong was barely able to keep his tempo.

"Hi, we'fe hefe to see Fenjun, hefe we've the adoptive pafents," said Jae placing the papers from the orphanage and his ID on the table, a young woman eyes him up.

She checked the papers, called the orphanage Taeyong needed to show his ID too, it took a lot of time but finally she allowed them to go to room 27 on the second floor.

Jae was more and more stressed he was clenching the push sheep in his hand trying to relax. He asked a nurse if they can come in.

"Go ahead he knows you I'll join in a moment," said Taeyong taking a chair next to a very worried mother who was visiting her daughter.

"Ok," Jae opened the door glancing inside, Renjun was lying in the last bed next to the widow, wearing a vey used stripped pajama, there was a cannula in his tiny hand he had placed over the duvet when he was trying to find a comfortable position in bed. It was a kids' room there was an even smaller boy in the bed on the other side of the room.

 It was a kids' room there was an even smaller boy in the bed on the other side of the room

Thank you for all the amazing feedback, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

What do you think about the problems the orphanage is causing Jae and Taeyong? How will their meeting with Renjun go?

Also I'd like to share with you that today is a really important day for me as today was the premiere of a theatre play I've wrote, so I was so happy to see how my text became alive on stage. Each of these experiences makes me grow as an author and learn new things, it's like with my work on Wattpad an exciting journey what all of you make more and more exciting each day. Thank you 💜

Much <3